Thread: apple wood

Default apple wood

I have been giving my rabbits apple wood to chew on and they REALLY like it. can I give them too much?I have it in there pen all the time I also give them timothy hay pellets and a little rolled oats.

Default safe woods/plants

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I have been giving my rabbits apple wood to chew on and they REALLY like it. can I give them too much?I have it in there pen all the time I also give them timothy hay pellets and a little rolled oats.
    dear pete,-clean apple branches twigs,[safe woods]-are excellent for keeping the bunz constantly growing teeth usable--as are the grasses-ie timothy/orchard.-and very important as a non digestible-high fiber diet[gi tract]-movement...lagamorphs are strickly herbivores--a high fiber diet 70% is necessary,-however the pellets are considered soft food,need to have all the required vitamins/minerals daily--generally these pellets are alphalfa based-,this food is digestible,and with some treats is the basics for a good diet and helping the teeth and the gitract in tonus..,--just passing on 15 years of what my bunz taught me http://www.medirabbit.com sincerely james waller from across the great pond-usa--apples are ok as a treat-caution remove the seeds-[arsenic]-lots to know