Thread: Saying Hello and requesting guidance

Default Saying Hello and requesting guidance

Hi everyone.
    My wife and I had to say goodbye to our two beautiful buns Lewis and Isla within 5 days of each other in February. Lewis died of old age and Isla just faded away without him. It was heartbreaking.
    We have made the difficult decision not to have any more rabbits for the time being and are now ready to dispose of our hutches and other bits and pieces.
    The main hutch is a lovely 6ft long Ryedale 2-storey unit but it is VERY heavy and cumbersome. Can anyone offer us any help on how and where to advertise this hutch, please?

Thanks
    C

New Kit

Hi CossieP, I'm sorry for your loss.

I'm currently looking for a secondhand hutch as I might be relocating 200miles with my pair and their current set up can't be moved. I've been looking on Gumtree, Ebay, Preloved and FreeAds.

Many ads I've seen state the buyer must collect and dismantle themselves.

I hope that helps.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Sorry about your loss of your rabbits. Are there any local rescues to you that may well benefit from the hutch?

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

So sorry for your losses. Hugs xxx

I volunteer for an animal rescue and sell for them. Facebook Marketplace is free and easy to sell with.

I’m so sorry to hear that you lost your bunnies.
    I had a 5 foot Rydale double hutch and remember how heavy they are! I guess it depends on whether you want to seek the hutch or give it away. A lot of people use gumtree or preloved to sell items or even eBay. You just need to be really clear that the buyer collects and moves the hutch themselves and perhaps say it will take 2 strong people due to the weight of it. Alternatively a local rescue may be grateful for it for a fosterer to use or to sell on to raise some money for themselves.
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES