• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ideas to stop Archie and Pip moving their pen!!!

Mervinius

Mama Doe
I'm after some ideas to make the bun zone a bit nicer for us to look at. Hahaha. They have this puppy pen with 7 sides that fold up. Great for when we let them out because it folds nice away to the side.

Nightmare in controlling the buns because they can easily push it with their teeny heads outwards. Then they can chew the edge of their blanket and lino....grrrrr

The only thing that works is putting weights at all the panel junctions, but I'm wondering if anyone has another solution. Happy with everything else, just need away to stop the panels moving.

Any ideas?

See picture of my being bun shunned cos I wouldn't let them out. You can see they've pulled the panels inwards too.
3a4a34a16379453c5cae13410f601124.jpg

I am not sure if this will work but my idea is to tie short thin wire or rope tied to the pen walls and then through those holes of the weights. I am thinking that this might prevent them from pulling the pen walls in and the weight against the walls will still prevent them from moving the pen outward if the rope is tight and short enough.

For parts near the walls you could use a screw eye to screw into the plaster or skirting board, and then cable tie the puppy pen panels to it.

You could make a wooden frame to go round the bottom of the pen on the outside, so the pen stands inside it and the sides can't move outwards. It doesn't need to be fastened to the pen, just 4 pieces of batten screwed together to act as a fixed surround.

You could make a wooden frame to go round the bottom of the pen on the outside, so the pen stands inside it and the sides can't move outwards. It doesn't need to be fastened to the pen, just 4 pieces of batten screwed together to act as a fixed surround.

I like this idea :thumb: it might help deflect any stray poops, too!

I think this is an interesting idea. Like a slot that they sit in and then we can take the panels out each night. I think it might draw up some ideas. Thanks everyone

Would like to get rid of the weights ideally.

Back