• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Building your own bunny run advice/help please!

Please don’t pay £40 for a staple gun! :shock: Think mine was a tenner max from Homebase.
[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

I could even bang them in with a hammer probably [emoji38]

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

I could even bang them in with a hammer probably [emoji38]

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
Yeah don't do that either, it's a PITA and fiddly and doesn't really work XD

You'll need to think about structural supports: long runs of wood will need supports every few feet, and probably triangular cross supports. I found time and effort I knew I'd put into it would be a lot more than getting a ready-built one, so it might be worth looking at the options for aviary panels, pre-built runs and then adding your own modifications before letting the buns loose :) In the end my Dad made mine but it wouldn't hold up to foxes or badgers this time (it don't need to where we are and in our circumstances). For floors, just overlap or butt the mesh: I'vve externally meshed my run flor and the buns are fine on it, but it's not their only floor or it's one of the smallest areas of floor for us.

Back