Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I think Snowy has a urine infection :( (update page 5)

Quote Originally Posted by nap91 View Post
    Came home from work today and the towel under and in front of their litter tray was absolutely soaked. I’m pretty sure it’s her as she left a wet patch in the bedroom the other day. Just assumed she’d got too comfortable but now with this there’s definitely something up. She’s very quiet and just wants to hide. I’m hoping it’s something easily treatable like a UTI but it’s not great either way since she doesn’t tolerate antibiotics very well. Managed to get an appointment on Friday as was the only one available. Hoping the vet can express her as I can’t get a urine sample since she shares a litter tray with Phillip now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Poor girlie I am wondering if you could be a bit insistent that she's seen before Friday ? I say this as you mention she is 'hiding away' and not behaving like her usual self. If left til Friday she may also develop reduced gut motility secondary to feeling poorly due to a bladder problem. Personally I'd call the Surgery again this morning and ask for her to be seen as an Emergency today. The Vets should know that Rabbits can go downhill quickly and only show behavioural changes when they really are feeling quite poorly. Being prey animals they are very good at hiding illnesses.

Good luck and sending lots of vibes xx

Links to information about various health problems that can affect Rabbits :
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ealth-Problems
    NB- If you think your Rabbit is unwell it is essential to seek immediate veterinary attention.

Sending vibes for your girl.x

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    The Vets should know that Rabbits can go downhill quickly and only show behavioural changes when they really are feeling quite poorly
    Yes I spoke to a receptionist who is new and I took the appointment as it was better than nothing.
    Just spoke to a normal receptionist and managed to get one for 5pm tonight which is good as she peed twice overnight outside of the litter tray. Shes still got a full appetite and seems to be back to her normal self so Im hoping its just something simple to treat!

Lots of vibes for Snowy. Glad you got her app moved forward xx

Yes I spoke to a receptionist who is new and I took the appointment as it was better than nothing.
    Just spoke to a normal receptionist and managed to get one for 5pm tonight which is good as she peed twice overnight outside of the litter tray. She’s still got a full appetite and seems to be back to her normal self so I’m hoping it’s just something simple to treat!

That's good, I hope all will go well for her xx

NB- If you think your Rabbit is unwell it is essential to seek immediate veterinary attention.

that's good news, hope all goes well at vets x
    [IMG][/IMG

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Vet couldn't get a urine sample as predicted she said her bladder feels ok and Snowy was comfortable when she touched her so that's good.
    Since she's had frequent cystitis in the past (thankfully not for a year, since we got her calcium under control!), the vet said it does sound like that so she's put her straight on antibiotics alongside the normal gut medicine to try and avoid stasis.

Fingers crossed it'll just be that and she'll start improving soon. Otherwise I've got the impossible task of trying to get a sample at home

Vet couldn't get a urine sample as predicted she said her bladder feels ok and Snowy was comfortable when she touched her so that's good.
    Since she's had frequent cystitis in the past (thankfully not for a year, since we got her calcium under control!), the vet said it does sound like that so she's put her straight on antibiotics alongside the normal gut medicine to try and avoid stasis.

Fingers crossed it'll just be that and she'll start improving soon. Otherwise I've got the impossible task of trying to get a sample at home
    Hope the meds help and she will soon be 100% back to normal xx

dear nap91,-[probiotics]- must accompany antibiotcs-because with herbivoures the flora with be destroyed..and the immune system will fail.--.probiotics can be purchased from pet store,farm supply store,online,etc.--keep a close eye on the appetite, poops,etc.-offer lots of grasses and water-- http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/poop.html sincerely james waller from across the great pond-usa

Good outcome for Snowy on the whole, hope the anti biotics get her fully back o track. sound like you caught it early