• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

I think Snowy has a urine infection :( (update page 5)

Thanks everyone. Just waiting to see the vet. Will see what they say re further testing.
Here we have a very grumpy rabbit who has been woken from her nap to go to the vets!

b437b6a3ecadccfecacaef62a48df4be.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awwwww bless her, I hope the Vet can get her feeling a lot better ASAP XX

She’s got a 2 week course of antibiotics. The vet could feel a bean size firm shape last year when she had a UTI and she was thinking potential stone but since her symptoms went we never did any further investigation. The vet could feel the same thing again today but it doesn’t appear to have gotten any bigger since last year.

The vet said I had two options, I could try another course of antibiotics or try a conscious ultrasound with potential surgery but they wouldn’t be able to book that in for another week. I hope I made the right decision but I went for the antibiotics. We are going away for a few days in a couple of weeks time, and since Snowy doesn’t react well to anaesthetic I didn’t want to risk her potentially having a bad reaction and going to the boarders so soon after, especially as she’s happy within herself at the moment and the vet said there aren’t any blockages.

Of course if she gets any worse before we go I will take her straight back, but otherwise it’s a case of see how the antibiotics go and potential surgery if her symptoms come back when we get home.

Poor girlie :( I hope that the antibiotics cure the infection and that she will soon feel a lot better.

Thanks everyone. Just waiting to see the vet. Will see what they say re further testing.
Here we have a very grumpy rabbit who has been woken from her nap to go to the vets!

b437b6a3ecadccfecacaef62a48df4be.jpg

Oh snowy girly I'm sorry to see you have been feeling unwell. Sending you lots of recovery vibes and hugs for you N xxx look after your snowy Philliy boy

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Snowy update!

So we went away and after leaving them in boarding for the first time, they were absolutely fine. They had a great time and sulked when we brought them home!

Snowy had no problems while she was away but because she had weed outside of her litter tray a few times after her last course of antibiotics, I took her for an ultrasound last week to be sure.

The vet could feel the same small size lump before the ultrasound, so they were looking for that particularly but it didn’t show up! Nor did any calcium deposits, bladder stones, tumours or anything suspect, which I was so pleased about. So the vet thinks that the lump is just a harmless cyst or just part of how she is, since she’s had it over a year and it hasn’t changed in size. She thinks that Snowy is just prone to cystitis and we will just treat it as and when it occurs. For now, she seems back to normal with litter habits and very happy!

So a good outcome :)

Great update and so pleased for Snowy. Loads of treats all round and plenty of special healing vibes for Snowy. xx

Back