Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I think Snowy has a urine infection :( (update page 5)

Quote Originally Posted by nap91 View Post
    Thanks everyone. Just waiting to see the vet. Will see what they say re further testing.
    Here we have a very grumpy rabbit who has been woken from her nap to go to the vets!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Awwwww bless her, I hope the Vet can get her feeling a lot better ASAP XX

Links to information about various health problems that can affect Rabbits :
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ealth-Problems
    NB- If you think your Rabbit is unwell it is essential to seek immediate veterinary attention.

The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund- a fantastic source of information about Rabbits

https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/

She’s got a 2 week course of antibiotics. The vet could feel a bean size firm shape last year when she had a UTI and she was thinking potential stone but since her symptoms went we never did any further investigation. The vet could feel the same thing again today but it doesn’t appear to have gotten any bigger since last year.

The vet said I had two options, I could try another course of antibiotics or try a conscious ultrasound with potential surgery but they wouldn’t be able to book that in for another week. I hope I made the right decision but I went for the antibiotics. We are going away for a few days in a couple of weeks time, and since Snowy doesn’t react well to anaesthetic I didn’t want to risk her potentially having a bad reaction and going to the boarders so soon after, especially as she’s happy within herself at the moment and the vet said there aren’t any blockages.

Of course if she gets any worse before we go I will take her straight back, but otherwise it’s a case of see how the antibiotics go and potential surgery if her symptoms come back when we get home.

Wise Old Thumper

Poor girlie I hope that the antibiotics cure the infection and that she will soon feel a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by nap91 View Post
    Thanks everyone. Just waiting to see the vet. Will see what they say re further testing.
    Here we have a very grumpy rabbit who has been woken from her nap to go to the vets!

Oh snowy girly I'm sorry to see you have been feeling unwell. Sending you lots of recovery vibes and hugs for you N xxx look after your snowy Philliy boy

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Bam & Charlie
    Humanisation to the nation ~ One Love ~ Tipper Tapper Toby

Snowy update!

So we went away and after leaving them in boarding for the first time, they were absolutely fine. They had a great time and sulked when we brought them home!

Snowy had no problems while she was away but because she had weed outside of her litter tray a few times after her last course of antibiotics, I took her for an ultrasound last week to be sure.

The vet could feel the same small size lump before the ultrasound, so they were looking for that particularly but it didn’t show up! Nor did any calcium deposits, bladder stones, tumours or anything suspect, which I was so pleased about. So the vet thinks that the lump is just a harmless cyst or just part of how she is, since she’s had it over a year and it hasn’t changed in size. She thinks that Snowy is just prone to cystitis and we will just treat it as and when it occurs. For now, she seems back to normal with litter habits and very happy!

So a good outcome

I’m so glad that she is ok and they enjoyed their holiday

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Wise Old Thumper

Brilliant update Good girl Snowy!

Great update and so pleased for Snowy. Loads of treats all round and plenty of special healing vibes for Snowy. xx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Absolutely bunderful news Snowy girl

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Bam & Charlie
    Humanisation to the nation ~ One Love ~ Tipper Tapper Toby