• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes for Lillian please - U/D 9th July

Craig 1965

Warren Veteran
I think Lillian is having some trouble with her bladder/urination and pooping. I've noticed a decrease in the number of poops in their indoor litter area and the wee area isn't as wet as it used to be. The two buns have been going outside a bit more at weekends, but I clean them out every 2 days and there's definate lack of wetness and poops. Trouble is, I know Henry is ok but Lillians tail area and underneath is wet and I think she either has an infection or some other underlying issue. I've cleaned and dried her tail area and underneath as best I can to keep it clean for her but it is stressing her out.
She's going to the vets tomorrow - earliest appointment I could get and I am hoping that the vet will be able to diagnose whatever is going on and make Lillian better. I know it won't be an instant resolution but I am hoping that it's nothing bad.
I am thinking perhaps kidney stones and I don't think Lillian is controlling her bladder properly.
I am scared. And I feel as though I'm letting Lillian down.
I know the vet will pick up on her weight - and we're doing all we can to keep Lillians diet regulated - she has only a small handful of pellets a day - but she shares with Henry so any reduction in accessible food will also effect Henrys diet. I'm trying to lureLillian onto Hay - she isn't a huge fan, and she gets greens every day - which shouldn't be the issue with her weight.
Does anyone have any advice or possible conditions or diagnoses please - and any spare vibes would be much appreciated because Lillian will appreciate it.
I feel very overwhelmed right now and very worried.
Thank you and I will update you all tomorrow

Last edited:
Oh poor Lillian :( I’ve just posted something very similar about Snowy :(

Hoping the vet gives you some answers tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh Craig :( I hope it's nothing serious :( I wouldn't like to guess but Clementine is going through the sludge saga atm :( that area seems to be so tricky - I hope for yours and Lillian sake it's something simple. Sending lots of vibes and hugs for tomorrow x

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Sending lots of vibes for Lillian, really hope the vet visit goes well tomorrow. Big hug for you too Craig xx

Oh Craig :( I hope it's nothing serious :( I wouldn't like to guess but Clementine is going through the sludge saga atm :( that area seems to be so tricky - I hope for yours and Lillian sake it's something simple. Sending lots of vibes and hugs for tomorrow x

Yeah, I have been trying to get my headaround your sludge issue Graciee - I have been following it. Thing is, I don't handle stress very well any more after events in my life 3 years back. I am still haunted daily from the loss of Ben & Georgina and I feel so helpless and useless. I know the vet willsay that Lillians weight is a factor - I can't disagree with that and it's always been that way. Lillian loves food. We rescued her from someone who starved her deliberately and so we felt that to support Lillians mental wellbeing, it was important she didn't feel that she was going to be 'rationed'. Then you chuck Henry into the mix and he needs his food too. So I have to put food in for both - and this was critical when Henry had his sore foot and eye earlier this year and was losing weight. So both Lillian and Henry have access to food freely. I'm only giving them one small handful of pellets between them twice a day and then a big pile of hay and some greens in the morning and greens at supper time. When they go outside, it's a free garden so Lillian nomms on grass and whetever triffids she finds handy.
I just feel like I'm letting her down and acting on things once they are established - but Lillian is incredibly fiesty and picking her up is not one of her favorite things and it really stresses her out.
So I feel bad because I know the vet is going to go to town on me for not just giving them hay, hay and hay, and then I'm really worried because I don't want Lillian to be unwell and hope that the vet will diagnose this and we can work to make her well again. She deserves that from me and I'm just sitting here in a puddle of tears worrying my self into an early grave.
Thank you all for your vibes - they are really very much appreciated and I'll update you all tomorrow evening. xx

Yeah, I have been trying to get my headaround your sludge issue Graciee - I have been following it. Thing is, I don't handle stress very well any more after events in my life 3 years back. I am still haunted daily from the loss of Ben & Georgina and I feel so helpless and useless. I know the vet willsay that Lillians weight is a factor - I can't disagree with that and it's always been that way. Lillian loves food. We rescued her from someone who starved her deliberately and so we felt that to support Lillians mental wellbeing, it was important she didn't feel that she was going to be 'rationed'. Then you chuck Henry into the mix and he needs his food too. So I have to put food in for both - and this was critical when Henry had his sore foot and eye earlier this year and was losing weight. So both Lillian and Henry have access to food freely. I'm only giving them one small handful of pellets between them twice a day and then a big pile of hay and some greens in the morning and greens at supper time. When they go outside, it's a free garden so Lillian nomms on grass and whetever triffids she finds handy.
I just feel like I'm letting her down and acting on things once they are established - but Lillian is incredibly fiesty and picking her up is not one of her favorite things and it really stresses her out.
So I feel bad because I know the vet is going to go to town on me for not just giving them hay, hay and hay, and then I'm really worried because I don't want Lillian to be unwell and hope that the vet will diagnose this and we can work to make her well again. She deserves that from me and I'm just sitting here in a puddle of tears worrying my self into an early grave.
Thank you all for your vibes - they are really very much appreciated and I'll update you all tomorrow evening. xx
You're absolutely not letting her down! You've turned her whole life around :) she's had the absolute best time since you found her.

And tbh with you, Clementine is fed the "perfect hay diet" and she's really overweight too. There could be other reasons, and maybe you can tweak her diet on advice from your vet, or try different things. But it's not as black and white as all that I don't think, I hope your vet doesn't do that - that wouldn't be very helpful.

Let us know how you get on and it may be something else completely.

Try not to worry too much, I know it's not easy - I'm queen at getting myself into a state over the animals.

Sending you lots of hugs - whatever happens you've got this, and you can deal with it :) x

Oh Craig, I'm so sorry Lillian is unwell. I'm sending lots of vibes that is easily treated.

I know it's easier said than done but please try not to beat yourself up over this. I'd be very surprised if the vet criticises you over her diet. There seems very little to criticise about it. Unfortunately vets have to deal with a lot of cases of genuine neglect, particularly when it comes to rabbits, and I imagine they save their ire for them. Not for owners like you who genuinely care for their pets and who are doing their best for them.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Sending loads of vibes for Lillian. I hope the vet can easily diagnose and treat whatever is going on with her.

:( oh Craig poor Lillian sending lots of vibes for her and hugs for you. I hope Henry is looking after her xxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Loads of vibes for Lillian & for you. I hope the vets can help you get on top of things quickly xx

Back