• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Celebrating Gemini's birthday

bunny momma

Wise Old Thumper
Today is Gemini's 6th birthday. During this past year he had dental issues, stasis, bladder control issues, and severe head tilt twice; so I am over the moon that he is plowing through his pellets and making me piles of nice looking poo.
Gemini was born in 2013 and soon became a girl's 4H project. He was a show bunny and because points are given for showmanship he was trained to sit for the judge.

Right after his 2nd birthday, my spouse saw him at a county fair with a sign on the small wire cage that said "I'm friendly, see Paula". Gemini was entered in the 4H rabbit show by his then 16 year old caregiver, yet she could no longer keep her six bunnies so she ask Paula (who operated a rabbit rescue where she volunteered) to find good homes for her bunnies.

I had been to the county fair a few days earlier, mostly to look at the creative arts exhibits-quilting, jewelry, knitting..., and the 4H bunnies were not on site. So when my spouse went after work and he saw Gemini he knew I would fall instantly in love.
Gemini was adopted on the spot and was an early anniversary present from my spouse. That same day, I drove to the fair to see Gemini and make sure he is healthy.

A few months before we discovered Gemini, I had lost my Amigo and a few months before that I lost Amigo's brother, Bonita. Even though I had adopted Heidi, a mini-rex, a year earlier; and Madelyn, a lionhead, three months before, my heart still had a couple of Netherland dwarf sized holes. The moment I picked up Gemini I knew he would fill one of the voids.

I learned the name of his rescue and did not see Gemini's picture, though I did see Raven's picture. When my spouse called Paula and asked if Raven was still available, he was. My spouse said we also want Raven and Paula asked if we still wanted Gemini. To which my spouse replied, "Of course, we want them both'"

We had to wait until the 4H rabbit show was over before collecting Gemini from the venue and taking him home. That is when we learned his birthdate and his original name, Peanut (he did not answer to his name). We were barely out of the rabbit barn when my spouse noticed that the bunny's birthday fell under the zodiac sign of Gemini, just like his, so we immediately named him Gemini. I liked the name because he is my little Gem.

Two days later one of the volunteers picked up Raven from his foster family and delivered Raven to me who promptly filled the second Netherland Dwarf sized hole that was in my heart.

Gemini is such a friendly bunny. It is almost four years since he came into my life and he gives me so much happiness. He also gets attention from my spouse--especially in the morning. So today we are all celebrating Gemini's birthday because he gives so much comfort and happiness to his human and bunny friends.

Last edited:
Happy 6th Birthday little Gemini :love: I cant believe it is already 4 years since he and Raven came into your lives. They certainly could not have found a better forever home :love:

Back