• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Run around?

Graciee

Staff member
Okay so omlet runs aren't secure... What about runaround runs? [emoji38] With a tube to connect to it from the hutch? Is that all predator proof? Seems worse to me but I'll be guided by you guys :D

I could see they do a 4 by 8ft run on their website which would be okay, I'd prefer bigger but it'll give them enough space for now.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Rwaf approve them and are the best out there. Hopefully some members on here have the runaround system set up and can offer advice etc

Rwaf approve them and are the best out there. Hopefully some members on here have the runaround system set up and can offer advice etc
Thank you for responding [emoji7]

I've ordered some stuff from them earlier :) was between them and the omlet version

Thank you for responding [emoji7]

I've ordered some stuff from them earlier :) was between them and the omlet version

Ooo what bits did you order? Did you get any tunnels?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Ooo what bits did you order? Did you get any tunnels?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
For now a 16ft tunnel and a cover. I found a guy who was willing to make exactly what I wanted run wise so I'm getting two runs from him, and he's gunna cut a hole in one for the runaround tunnel door thingy to connect to, so they'll be able to go from the hutch to the run via the tunnel :D added some better hardware to the hutch yesterday too, so it'll be padlocked shut so nothing is getting in there.. Overkill maybe, but idc [emoji38]

For now a 16ft tunnel and a cover. I found a guy who was willing to make exactly what I wanted run wise so I'm getting two runs from him, and he's gunna cut a hole in one for the runaround tunnel door thingy to connect to, so they'll be able to go from the hutch to the run via the tunnel :D added some better hardware to the hutch yesterday too, so it'll be padlocked shut so nothing is getting in there.. Overkill maybe, but idc [emoji38]

Sounds awesome :love: did you go for the black tubes or the mesh tunnels? I’ve only had the black ordinary sized tubes to connect to non runaround runs before.

Sounds like its going be great, lucky bunnies ! I'm with you, security wise, don't think you can be too careful !

My tunnels have been well quality tested by a boisterous dobermann - obviously not intentionally with risk to bunnies but I was curious to see if it was pedator proof. They have withstanded her fine. I think there was a post on here some years ago about a fox having pulled one off a shed but the door design has been re-done and upgraded multiple times since then. I'm confident they are safe, mine have acess 24/7.

Sounds awesome :love: did you go for the black tubes or the mesh tunnels? I’ve only had the black ordinary sized tubes to connect to non runaround runs before.

Went for the large black tube, I didn't know they did mesh tunnels! Only just found out they do hamster ones [emoji38][emoji38] that would be amazing and a nightmare all at once I think [emoji38]

That's exactly what mine will be, going from their hutch which has had a new roof put on, and the tunnel will take them to their new run which isn't a runaround one :) went for large size as Penelope is 4.5kg and not overweight [emoji38][emoji38] have a tunnel that was for my mini lops years and years ago, I measured the diameter and its about the same as the run around and she just about fits through it [emoji38][emoji38] She didn't seem to have any issues but wouldn't want it any smaller [emoji38]

Sounds like its going be great, lucky bunnies ! I'm with you, security wise, don't think you can be too careful !

Yeaa I often think I'm a but OTT but like to know I've done everything possible to make them safe :)

My tunnels have been well quality tested by a boisterous dobermann - obviously not intentionally with risk to bunnies but I was curious to see if it was pedator proof. They have withstanded her fine. I think there was a post on here some years ago about a fox having pulled one off a shed but the door design has been re-done and upgraded multiple times since then. I'm confident they are safe, mine have acess 24/7.

Ah that's good to know! I still haven't found any mesh to put on the floor of the run unfortunately nothing seems big enough or suitable. I'm not sure yet if I'll do 24/7 access, may trap them in over night, as we have foxes living in the garden [emoji38]

Back