Thread: Max Number of Rabbits in 8x6 Shed?

Alpha Buck

Default Max Number of Rabbits in 8x6 Shed?

I'm wondering the maximum number of rabbits that would comfortably be housed in an 8x6 shed? Only as a sleeping/eating area, with access to a huge 10m long run all day. I'm considering rescuing another neglected rabbit in Plumpkin's honour.

Quote Originally Posted by Beapig View Post
    I'm wondering the maximum number of rabbits that would comfortably be housed in an 8x6 shed? Only as a sleeping/eating area, with access to a huge 10m long run all day. I'm considering rescuing another neglected rabbit in Plumpkin's honour.
    dear beapig,--8ftx6ft=48sq.ft-try to allow 2sqft.ea.-[4 bun] max,--you could install condo,s--providing this shed-is insulated and hvac-,o/h -broad band lighting,any run and housing must be designed with predators in mind..--hope this helps in the design--sincerely james waller from across the great pond-usa

Wise Old Thumper

At one time I had 4 Rexes in my 8x6 shed plus large run They seemed to have ample room.

Alpha Buck

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    At one time I had 4 Rexes in my 8x6 shed plus large run They seemed to have ample room.
    Thanks Jewaller and Omi! Four was the number of bunnies I had in my head, looking at the space. They have a second level in there too, which makes it feel even bigger

Wise Old Thumper

Yes I think 4 would be fine