• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Max Number of Rabbits in 8x6 Shed?

Beapig

Mama Doe
I'm wondering the maximum number of rabbits that would comfortably be housed in an 8x6 shed? Only as a sleeping/eating area, with access to a huge 10m long run all day. I'm considering rescuing another neglected rabbit in Plumpkin's honour.

I'm wondering the maximum number of rabbits that would comfortably be housed in an 8x6 shed? Only as a sleeping/eating area, with access to a huge 10m long run all day. I'm considering rescuing another neglected rabbit in Plumpkin's honour.
dear beapig,--8ftx6ft=48sq.ft-try to allow 2sqft.ea.-[4 bun] max,--you could install condo,s--providing this shed-is insulated and hvac-,o/h -broad band lighting,any run and housing must be designed with predators in mind..--hope this helps in the design--sincerely james waller from across the great pond-usa

At one time I had 4 Rexes in my 8x6 shed plus large run :) They seemed to have ample room.

At one time I had 4 Rexes in my 8x6 shed plus large run :) They seemed to have ample room.

Thanks Jewaller and Omi! Four was the number of bunnies I had in my head, looking at the space. They have a second level in there too, which makes it feel even bigger :)

Back