• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Omlet runs... Opinions?

Graciee

Staff member
Okay so I know the omlet hutches aren't good etc etc... But what about the runs?

https://www.omlet.co.uk/shop/rabbit_products/outdoor_rabbit_run/

So the white buns are indoors atm, but their hutch is fixed now and I'm gunna put them back out at some point. They had a wooden run which I had attached to the hutch, wasn't great tbh quality wise and ima bin it don't think it'll last another year [emoji38] so I was thinking of getting something taller which the hutch could sit inside.. Hence looking at the omlet ones, there's some other cheaper chicken ones I've seen but they don't look very secure...

So does anyone have a omlet run? Only thing I don't like is no mesh floor and that weird skirt which I don't trust but there's an option to have a fully meshed floor, so that's fine! [emoji38] Oh and the price is a lot for a year of use although maybe I could use it in the house.. Although the size I'd buy probably wouldn't fit in my garden at the house as its tiny [emoji38] but maybe I could sell it or something Idk, I care more about the buns than the money tbh

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

My concern is that the gaps in the panels are wide (a cat/Fox could easily stick their nose through) and the panels are not doubled, so to speak. IMO I would not consider it to be Fox proof as it stands. I admit I am very OCD about outdoor housing after what happened to Santa's 'Fort Knox' outdoor accommodation when a Fox attack occurred. Somehow her Bunnies survived, but what was a much more robust set up than the Omlet run was completely destroyed. The pics were posted on here but are no longer available to view since photobucket went **** up

I agree I don't think they look very fox proof at all. But I would happily use them for supervised outdoor time, but then you could get something much cheaper if you'd still have to sit outside with them

Thanks everyone!

Anyone got any similar suggestions of stuff I wouldn't have to sit outside with them in? [emoji38] (needs to hold the hutch inside it)

If they have to go outdoor, I’d probably go for an aviary type run, you can buy wooden framed panels, I’d make sure it’s weldmesh of at least 16 guage with maximum 1”x 1/2” holes.

If they have to go outdoor, I’d probably go for an aviary type run, you can buy wooden framed panels, I’d make sure it’s weldmesh of at least 16 guage with maximum 1”x 1/2” holes.

Problem I have is that it's only temporary, like I don't wanna put something up that's permanent because it may only be used for less than a year, and I need to be able to move it when mowing the grass etc

Omlet ones would be perfect tbh or something like them, shame they aren't secure :(

You could just take the aviary down after the year that you need it for, and if it’s screwed together. Mine are all in aviaries and I wouldn’t ever go back to anything else now.

Was almost settled on one, but the guy uses 19g galvanised welded mesh... Which is worse that 16g right? and 12g would be even better? or am I getting it wrong?

Is it cheeky to ask him to use different weld mesh? lmao maybe i'll find someone else D:

19g is not as strong. You could ask him to use different gauge mesh. You could make your own panels but having meshed a lot of fencing I can tell you that you will want to wear gloves. I didn’t once and when I cut the roll open my hand looked a real mess of gashes!

19g is not as strong. You could ask him to use different gauge mesh. You could make your own panels but having meshed a lot of fencing I can tell you that you will want to wear gloves. I didn’t once and when I cut the roll open my hand looked a real mess of gashes!
See I was thinking about making my own but then I was like... What if I don't make it strong enough you know? I'm not exactly a builder.. And with the bunnies I worry I'll mess it up, on the other hand... I could use all the perfect stuff.. [emoji38] Idek!

Do you know if the runaround tunnels are secure? From foxes?

See I was thinking about making my own but then I was like... What if I don't make it strong enough you know? I'm not exactly a builder.. And with the bunnies I worry I'll mess it up, on the other hand... I could use all the perfect stuff.. [emoji38] Idek!

Do you know if the runaround tunnels are secure? From foxes?

The runaround black tubes are very strong. They are goat proof anyway:lol: when we had the old hutch (rabbits moved into shed :lol))still with tunnel attached they tried to prise it off with their horns, jumped on it etc and it was ok. I think someone on here had a fix try to get in and the runaround was fine, the foxes had had a good go at the mesh.

We made our rabbit run ourselves, we had a post and rail type fence around a 17ftx10ft veg patch and we stapled the weld mesh to that. Did the job anyway!

The runaround black tubes are very strong. They are goat proof anyway[emoji38] when we had the old hutch (rabbits moved into shed [emoji38]))still with tunnel attached they tried to prise it off with their horns, jumped on it etc and it was ok. I think someone on here had a fix try to get in and the runaround was fine, the foxes had had a good go at the mesh.

We made our rabbit run ourselves, we had a post and rail type fence around a 17ftx10ft veg patch and we stapled the weld mesh to that. Did the job anyway!
Ah that's good to know! The omlet zippi or whatever they call it is more expensive than runaround for the same length of pipe... But I prefer the green... But! Idk if zippi is in different diameters.. Obviously this is for the white buns.. And well they make my large rexes look small... [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] So the larger runaround would be needed!

I wish I could pay someone to do the run [emoji38] idm the work, it's just the time I'm lacking, I'm sure I'd pay more than if I did it myself but it's the time D: plus ima need to make two of these runs... [emoji38][emoji38]

Ah that's good to know! The omlet zippi or whatever they call it is more expensive than runaround for the same length of pipe... But I prefer the green... But! Idk if zippi is in different diameters.. Obviously this is for the white buns.. And well they make my large rexes look small... [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] So the larger runaround would be needed!

I wish I could pay someone to do the run [emoji38] idm the work, it's just the time I'm lacking, I'm sure I'd pay more than if I did it myself but it's the time D: plus ima need to make two of these runs... [emoji38][emoji38]

I don’t know anything about the zippy tunnels, so I’m not sure if they are the same. You could ask local joiners/shed builders if they could do a run?

Back