Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Omlet runs... Opinions?

Default Omlet runs... Opinions?

Okay so I know the omlet hutches aren't good etc etc... But what about the runs?

https://www.omlet.co.uk/shop/rabbit_...or_rabbit_run/

So the white buns are indoors atm, but their hutch is fixed now and I'm gunna put them back out at some point. They had a wooden run which I had attached to the hutch, wasn't great tbh quality wise and ima bin it don't think it'll last another year so I was thinking of getting something taller which the hutch could sit inside.. Hence looking at the omlet ones, there's some other cheaper chicken ones I've seen but they don't look very secure...

So does anyone have a omlet run? Only thing I don't like is no mesh floor and that weird skirt which I don't trust but there's an option to have a fully meshed floor, so that's fine! Oh and the price is a lot for a year of use although maybe I could use it in the house.. Although the size I'd buy probably wouldn't fit in my garden at the house as its tiny but maybe I could sell it or something Idk, I care more about the buns than the money tbh

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Wise Old Thumper

I searched for this thread, as I remembered someone had used Omlet.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ighlight=omlet

I haven't seen her posting recently, but maybe send her a PM to ask her opinion.

My concern is that the gaps in the panels are wide (a cat/Fox could easily stick their nose through) and the panels are not doubled, so to speak. IMO I would not consider it to be Fox proof as it stands. I admit I am very OCD about outdoor housing after what happened to Santa's 'Fort Knox' outdoor accommodation when a Fox attack occurred. Somehow her Bunnies survived, but what was a much more robust set up than the Omlet run was completely destroyed. The pics were posted on here but are no longer available to view since photobucket went tits up

Links to information about various health problems that can affect Rabbits :
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ealth-Problems
    NB- If you think your Rabbit is unwell it is essential to seek immediate veterinary attention.

The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund- a fantastic source of information about Rabbits

https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/

I agree I don't think they look very fox proof at all. But I would happily use them for supervised outdoor time, but then you could get something much cheaper if you'd still have to sit outside with them

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Thanks everyone!

Anyone got any similar suggestions of stuff I wouldn't have to sit outside with them in? (needs to hold the hutch inside it)

If they have to go outdoor, I’d probably go for an aviary type run, you can buy wooden framed panels, I’d make sure it’s weldmesh of at least 16 guage with maximum 1”x 1/2” holes.

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    If they have to go outdoor, Id probably go for an aviary type run, you can buy wooden framed panels, Id make sure its weldmesh of at least 16 guage with maximum 1x 1/2 holes.
    Problem I have is that it's only temporary, like I don't wanna put something up that's permanent because it may only be used for less than a year, and I need to be able to move it when mowing the grass etc

Omlet ones would be perfect tbh or something like them, shame they aren't secure

You could just take the aviary down after the year that you need it for, and if it’s screwed together. Mine are all in aviaries and I wouldn’t ever go back to anything else now.

I’ve put together aviary panels from here https://www.4wire.co.uk/animal-enclo...viaries-panels they just screw together so would be easy enough to take back down again. Not sure how easy it would be to move a full height one to mow the grass though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    If they have to go outdoor, I’d probably go for an aviary type run, you can buy wooden framed panels, I’d make sure it’s weldmesh of at least 16 guage with maximum 1”x 1/2” holes.
    Was almost settled on one, but the guy uses 19g galvanised welded mesh... Which is worse that 16g right? and 12g would be even better? or am I getting it wrong?

Is it cheeky to ask him to use different weld mesh? lmao maybe i'll find someone else D: