Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Atticus has eaten plastic wrapper

  1. #11
    Moderator Graciee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    10,328

    Default

    Thanks everyone so far he's pooping fine and seems okay

    Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

  2. #12
    Wise Old Thumper Jack's-Jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Above Ground ATM
    Posts
    140,582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    Thanks everyone so far he's pooping fine and seems okay

    Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk


    Links to information about various health problems that can affect Rabbits :
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ealth-Problems
    NB- If you think your Rabbit is unwell it is essential to seek immediate veterinary attention.

  3. #13
    Moderator Barn Yard Bunnies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lower Sunbury
    Posts
    46,092

    Default

    My chinchillas have been terrible with eating plastic with no ill effects. Mr Bennett bunny ate carpet, wardrobes, skirting boards, laminate floor, any cord he could get his teeth into, the vacuum cleaner, mop, broom, dust pan and brush, litter tray but mainly chunks of carpet. I'm sure the carpet and wardrobe were really bad but it didn't harm him.

  4. #14
    Moderator Graciee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    10,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barn Yard Bunnies View Post
    My chinchillas have been terrible with eating plastic with no ill effects. Mr Bennett bunny ate carpet, wardrobes, skirting boards, laminate floor, any cord he could get his teeth into, the vacuum cleaner, mop, broom, dust pan and brush, litter tray but mainly chunks of carpet. I'm sure the carpet and wardrobe were really bad but it didn't harm him.
    Blimey! Makes me feel a bit better though


    So he's been quite unwell nothing is formed anymore... But tbh this is quite normal for him if he eats new things (normally actual food though )

    He seems okay in himself my boyfriend is working from home and hasn't seen any plastic in any of the poops, I read online that's it takes 4-6 hours for them to get rid of stuff? If that's true is the danger over now? Or is it a case of monitoring for 24 hours or so?



    Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

  5. #15
    Warren Veteran loobers25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    5,235

    Default

    What's the plastic poop situation?

    Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

    Bam & Charlie
    Humanisation to the nation ~ One Love ~ Tipper Tapper Toby

  6. #16
    Warren Scout jewaller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    kent,wash.usa
    Posts
    433

    Default swallowed plastic label

    dear graciee,-after inspecting the mouth and throat[choking hazards]-check the area for the missing label fragment,..-rabbits lack stomach muscles to throw up.therefore what goes in must go all the way through..-call a local exotic dvm[for info]-reglyn??--lots of grasses,water watch for 24 hours[minimum]-poops/cecotropes-all normal-??--sincerely james waller from across the great pond-usa

  7. #17
    Moderator Graciee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    10,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loobers25 View Post
    What's the plastic poop situation?

    Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
    Well he's doing okay, been some pretty horrendous poops come out of him... And been watching so closely that his unformed ones (my old vet said he had mega colon) are actually I'm 100% now unformed cecotropes... Not sure if that changes anything but the cow splats he leaves around are just those... Google said its an not a diagnosis in itself but a symptom of something else... Idek.. Not sure anyone would get to the bottom of it anyway tbh. I may have to switch the velvets vet they're such a high maintenance pair but he's been his normal self all day.. Not seen anything in his output though that resembles plastic.

    Quote Originally Posted by jewaller View Post
    dear graciee,-after inspecting the mouth and throat[choking hazards]-check the area for the missing label fragment,..-rabbits lack stomach muscles to throw up.therefore what goes in must go all the way through..-call a local exotic dvm[for info]-reglyn??--lots of grasses,water watch for 24 hours[minimum]-poops/cecotropes-all normal-??--sincerely james waller from across the great pond-usa
    Thanks yea he definitely ate it, didn't choke thankfully. His poops and cecotropes were worse than normal but they're normally bad anyway and he doesn't really have a normal output anyway so it's very hard to tell tbh with you.

    Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

  8. #18
    Forum Buddy Craig 1965's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ipswich
    Posts
    2,829

    Default

    I can't add anything to what has already been said - the advice is far greater than I could add to, but I am sending lads of vibes for Atticus and hope that his tummy deals with the plastic and his poops return to normal in a day or two. He is very lucky to have such a vigilant bunny mamma like you watching him - so he couldn't be in better or safer hands.
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

  9. #19
    Moderator Graciee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    10,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig 1965 View Post
    I can't add anything to what has already been said - the advice is far greater than I could add to, but I am sending lads of vibes for Atticus and hope that his tummy deals with the plastic and his poops return to normal in a day or two. He is very lucky to have such a vigilant bunny mamma like you watching him - so he couldn't be in better or safer hands.
    Thanks Craig

    Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

  10. #20

    Default

    Just topping up the please poop the plastic vibes x

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •