• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Atticus has eaten plastic wrapper

Phew - I am glad that his poops are as unormal as they usually are and he is well in himself..He's a special lad with a taste for danger

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

[emoji38] Well he's doing okay, been some pretty horrendous poops come out of him... And been watching so closely that his unformed ones (my old vet said he had mega colon) are actually I'm 100% now unformed cecotropes... Not sure if that changes anything but the cow splats he leaves around are just those... Google said its an not a diagnosis in itself but a symptom of something else... Idek.. Not sure anyone would get to the bottom of it anyway tbh. I may have to switch the velvets vet [emoji38] they're such a high maintenance pair [emoji38] but he's been his normal self all day.. Not seen anything in his output though that resembles plastic.

Thanks :) yea he definitely ate it, didn't choke thankfully. His poops and cecotropes were worse than normal but they're normally bad anyway and he doesn't really have a normal output anyway so it's very hard to tell tbh with you.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
dear graciee,--I love rex bunz,and Himalayan,-very beautiful,--do you have any Havana,or lops??- here is a link which is most useful please view all about rabbit poops http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/poop.html please leave me a pm--sincerely james waller from across the great pond-usa

dear graciee,--I love rex bunz,and Himalayan,-very beautiful,--do you have any Havana,or lops??- here is a link which is most useful please view all about rabbit poops http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/poop.html please leave me a pm--sincerely james waller from across the great pond-usa

Yea I do have a bit of a thing for rexes [emoji7] and my white two are so cute too, maybe not conventionally, but along with their personalities - the people that dumped them seriously missed out [emoji38] they're so sweet and happy [emoji7] I haven't, only have these 4 currently, I used to have two mini lops though which were very sweet, although they always looked so grumpy? [emoji38] Never had a Havana - I'll have to Google what they look like :D

I'll give that link a read later, thank you :)

Just topping up the please poop the plastic vibes x

Thank you :)

Phew - I am glad that his poops are as unormal as they usually are and he is well in himself..He's a special lad with a taste for danger

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

[emoji38][emoji38]

Yep! He seems good today too, I've just got home and he's behaving like nada ever happened so hopefully I can start to relax again with him at least [emoji38] Idk what it is with him he just seems desperate to ingest anything that's either not edible or just flat out poisonous [emoji849][emoji38]

That's great news, glad he's back to his "normal" self :D stop scaring everyone Atticus, no more eating naughties :lol:

Back