• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit bonders, Essex or London?

Graciee

Staff member
Anyone know of anyone? Or anyone on here who does it? Or any rescues which would?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Anyone know of anyone? Or anyone on here who does it? Or any rescues which would?

I know ARC help with bonding, but only when at least one of the Rabbits is Adopted from them. Santa used to be a fantastic source of advice re bonding, but she's at Vet School now. Is it for your Rabbits ?

The RWAF provide some basic information

http://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/rabbit-care-advice/bonding-rabbits/

I am afraid I follow my own 'rules' when bonding. IE I go with my gut instinct as to what is the best method for a particular pair of Rabbits. The only groups I have had have been siblings, so my experience in bonding groups is limited.

I do have a couple of 'rules' I always adhere to- 1 100% no 'Stress bonding', eg putting the Bunnies in a bath tub or taking them on car trips. And 2- If a fight occurs that results in an injury that draws blood I stop and I do not try again.

I emphasise that this is just my personal view for any Rabbits in my care. What others do is up to them :)

Last time I was looking, the local rescues would only do it if you adopted one of their bunnies.

I ended up bonding Alfie and Muffin (Alfie's last wife) myself but I was lucky that Muffin was very laid back and just let Alfie do his thing. [emoji849][emoji23]

I know ARC help with bonding, but only when at least one of the Rabbits is Adopted from them. Santa used to be a fantastic source of advice re bonding, but she's at Vet School now. Is it for your Rabbits ?

The RWAF provide some basic information

http://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/rabbit-care-advice/bonding-rabbits/

I am afraid I follow my own 'rules' when bonding. IE I go with my gut instinct as to what is the best method for a particular pair of Rabbits. The only groups I have had have been siblings, so my experience in bonding groups is limited.

I do have a couple of 'rules' I always adhere to- 1 100% no 'Stress bonding', eg putting the Bunnies in a bath tub or taking them on car trips. And 2- If a fight occurs that results in an injury that draws blood I stop and I do not try again.

I emphasise that this is just my personal view for any Rabbits in my care. What others do is up to them :)

Yea for Clementine and Atticus, or maybe just all 4 together tbh [emoji38] oh yea I can't be dealing with stress bonding, I don't like that.

Last time I was looking, the local rescues would only do it if you adopted one of their bunnies.

I ended up bonding Alfie and Muffin (Alfie's last wife) myself but I was lucky that Muffin was very laid back and just let Alfie do his thing. [emoji849][emoji23]

My velvets are ridiculously highly strung, never again will I attempt bunny bonding [emoji38]

So I'm basically hearing... add a 5th bun from a rescue and they'll get them all together? [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] Tbh I doubt one more would make a lot of difference [emoji38] maybe I could say any 5th member you like, I'll take them, aslong as they all end up together and happy [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

I thought you used a bonder before with Atticus and Clementine? Or have I imagined that? Although a group of five would be lovely, it seems a bit extreme to have to rescue another rabbit to get your four bonded together.

I thought you used a bonder before with Atticus and Clementine? Or have I imagined that? Although a group of five would be lovely, it seems a bit extreme to have to rescue another rabbit to get your four bonded together.
I was just kidding [emoji38] Altho I'm not against any amount of buns tbh [emoji38]

Yea I did, I don't think that's a possibility this time around unfortunately though :(

The Rabbit Residence just up the M11 at Royston used to when Caroline was there, but not sure if they still do now.:?

There's GBH rescue in Beckenham. I have no real experience of them, but did have an email exchange with Jacky when I was interested in adopting a pair of her rabbits. It may be that she would offer bonding.

There's GBH rescue in Beckenham. I have no real experience of them, but did have an email exchange with Jacky when I was interested in adopting a pair of her rabbits. It may be that she would offer bonding.
Bubbles was from GBH. :) And our hammy Cooper. That was a long while ago though. Jacky is lovely and there was another lady who fostered for her (the name escapes me now).

Rabbit Residence no longer offers a private bonding service. Derricks Den comes highly recommended, there's also Rabbit Rambles which is now run as a separate business by Caroline which is near Cambridge.

Rabbit Residence no longer offers a private bonding service. Derricks Den comes highly recommended, there's also Rabbit Rambles which is now run as a separate business by Caroline which is near Cambridge.
Yea I saw Derricks den, looks really good, it's just over 2 hours away from me unfortunately, seems a bit far :(

No, I was looking into them potentially to bond my two bunnies once the new one has got over his stasis and more settled into our home.

Back