Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: a few questions for new bunnies

Young Bun

Quote Originally Posted by bellabinky View Post
    If the vet doesn't have it what do I do ?
    Tell them to get it in, or more preferably, immediately change to a better vet

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Wise Old Thumper

If your vet does not see many rabbits, it might be worth trying to find another vet locally who is more experienced in rabbits. This would be especially important for their spay.

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    If your vet does not see many rabbits, it might be worth trying to find another vet locally who is more experienced in rabbits. This would be especially important for their spay.
    dear omi,-yes,research-for the closest exotic dvm..absolutely worth it..--if you have to settle for a dog/cat vet,-you must be knowledgeable of rabbits,[medical care,and medications..in my experience the nearest exotic dvm was over 30 km away-through the most miserable traffic..-,but I did it for the best exotic dvm dr.holly carter--I,am sure there are a lot of people who knew her,as she attended a college of lagamorphs in jolly ole London..sincerely james waller from across the great pond-usa

There are only two vets here but I am not sure either is experienced with rabbits, might have to see if the vets at pets at home can do, itís a way out the way and might need to get a taxi (we donít have transport) but I will look in to it. Pets at home vets were always good in the past

Quote Originally Posted by jewaller View Post
    dear omi,-yes,research-for the closest exotic dvm..absolutely worth it..--if you have to settle for a dog/cat vet,-you must be knowledgeable of rabbits,[medical care,and medications..in my experience the nearest exotic dvm was over 30 km away-through the most miserable traffic..-,but I did it for the best exotic dvm dr.holly carter--I,am sure there are a lot of people who knew her,as she attended a college of lagamorphs in jolly ole London..sincerely james waller from across the great pond-usa
    yes. such a shame that very few vets seem to know much about rabbits. to most of them it's just another small animal
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

everything is everything

Hello and welcome to the Forum.

I got my bunny Bertie from the Ayrshire branch of SSPCA and he was routinely vaccinated for myxi and both types of VHD by the centre. Although the viral disease is still rare in Scotland your vet should have the vaccines available or be able to get them in.

You must be so looking forward to having rabbits again. Hope you'll post some photos when they are settled in.