Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Bonding Diary - Number 5 and Lola

Lovely bunnies,just look at those magnificent lugs!

Still too humpy to leave them together but this filled me with joy today

How lovely

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Lola went in to his pen while he was out last night and found all her old toys she never cared for.
    Suffice to say I have never seen a rabbit look so displeased (I swear there was a little recoil of horror and disgust when she realised that it was in fact HER carrot tree he'd been destroying) and she spent about half an hour chinning every surface of everything that ever belonged to her before I had to go in and get her

Quote Originally Posted by BattleKat View Post
    Lola went in to his pen while he was out last night and found all her old toys she never cared for.
    Suffice to say I have never seen a rabbit look so displeased (I swear there was a little recoil of horror and disgust when she realised that it was in fact HER carrot tree he'd been destroying) and she spent about half an hour chinning every surface of everything that ever belonged to her before I had to go in and get her

As of last night they officially live together. I wouldn't call them bonded but she planted herself in his pen yesterday and refused to leave when we went to bed, even fenugreek crunchies weren't enough to lure her out.

Thinking I'll leave them in there until Sunday and in the meantime do some extra bunny proofing so they can free range when I can supervise on Sunday.
    Lola is so well behaved we didn't have to do much to make the whole flat safe for her but he's an absolute monster - all the cables need trunking, surfaces need clearing, plants need removing and gaps need filling! Think it will be a while before they can live free range 24/7.

That looks very promising,just love the earsies (and the rest )difference.

Iím so pleased for you all

post images

They're bonded enough that they've had free run of the living room for the last week or so.

She'll never have the kind of bond with him that she had with her sister and she doesn't love him as much as she loved Eli or Mack when they were bonded in.
    She grooms him quite a lot but he rarely returns the favour which really upsets me because she's such a little sweetheart all I wanted was for her to have somebun to show her as much love as she shows everyone. But they lie down together quite a lot and neither of them is causing the other any grief so it's all fine, and she has us for affection when we're home.

Unfortunately he has a health problem that occasionally gives him liquid poop all over the carpet so that's not been ideal, and he's an absolute terror in the house. He's fine with the carpets, skirting and wallpaper which were my main concerns, but he's eaten half a plastic stegosaurus and a the handles of a pair of scissors, ripped up a box of tissues and spread them all over the room, he's got on top of my chest of drawers and dug scratch marks all over it, he gets in the windowsills and pushes the contents out, etc etc, but at least he's having fun!

So basically I've changed my mind on this him being the perfect rabbit at just the right time thing