Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Bonding Diary - Number 5 and Lola

We had some nice spending time together last night

saying hello

a bit of mutual grooming

and some lounging together (Herman got up when I moved of course). It's very unusual for Lola to lie around in the open, it's definitely so she can be closer to him.

I'm so tempted to put them together for a bit. I've always done the small pen bond in one go method but given that it could be months yet before they're together I wonder if the dating method wouldn't be a bad idea in this instance.
    Last edited by BattleKat; 25-06-2019 at 01:33 PM.

Click the photo for my etsy shop, or follow me on facebook

Aww they look very happy and relaxed I’ve never bonded un neutered rabbits so I can’t advise on that I’m afraid.

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Herman binky caught on webcam!

I finally got a memory card for it so it's on motion record. Reviewed all the footage yesterday and there's tonnes of herman trying to play with lola. I'm a little worried he's too young for her but she's done her fair share of chasing him about and binkying on her side ��

Quote Originally Posted by BattleKat View Post
    Herman binky caught on webcam!

I finally got a memory card for it so it's on motion record. Reviewed all the footage yesterday and there's tonnes of herman trying to play with lola. I'm a little worried he's too young for her but she's done her fair share of chasing him about and binkying on her side ��
    Thatís a brilliant photo I donít think age will be a problem

He has a new name! Oh agreed Herman wasn't right, he just liked the pun element. We're now trialling obi (as in obi bun kenobi).

This morning obi realised he can jump 3ft in the air straight over the panels
    Can't seem to input the gif I made but :
    Http://i64.tinypic.com/kar98m.gif

Also lola bit him a whole bunch in one sitting yesterday but he kept binkying off and coming back almost like he liked it and then later they were properly lying down together, not just near each other (which is her choice) So idk what to make of it all.

Loving the name Obi sheets pegged over the pen might work to keep him in

Yeah after the second jump out I pegged a blanket over the corner and he hasn't done it since.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleKat View Post
    Yeah after the second jump out I pegged a blanket over the corner and he hasn't done it since.
    I bet he’s cheesed off that you’ve spoilt his game

Well the blanket barrier only lasted so long! I've got a couple of videos of his escapades on my instagram . Amusing, but very close to complete disaster and heartbreak in both. Everything is fully secure for him now though.

Lola is still being quite secretive about her feelings towards him. Webcam shows she spends a lot of time with him when we're not there but you'd never know it from her behaviour when we're about.
    I think she has bouts where she really misses Rambo though, every so often you'll find her in their old room in their old favourite spot and she won't take food from you or anything (definitely emotional not eating, not stasis or teeth related).

I've got to be honest and say I'm not completely gelling with Obi. He's a lovely rabbit who seems really keen on Lola and I'm glad we've got him but I bonded instantly with all my previous rabbits and I still feel like I don't really "know" him.
    Lola is a total sweetheart, Mack loved a cuddle, Eli was the silliest, dopiest thing on the planet, Rambo was a complete terror - always up to mischief. I'll get there I'm sure but for now he's just Lola's future husbun who is living in my house.

We have testicles! Calling the vet for neutering this morning