• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Diary - Number 5 and Lola

I forgot to say Pickle will do that with my finger too. If he’s fed up of me stroking him in one place/side, he’ll reach round, get my finger in his mouth and throw it away. I try stroking him in a different place and this continues until I get the right spot. He’s got me well trained!i

What a smart bun pickle is! I don't think 5 is quite that advanced yet

Still some nipping from Lola but I don't believe she's trying to cause any harm, it's so slow and even though they can both get their entire noses through she hasn't drawn blood and doesn't seem to be hurting him.

We've moved Lola's main litter tray in to the lounge next to his and they both sit eating their hay with no problem (though whenever possible she is stealing his)
2ng76l4.jpg

He did a little bonding with my niece yesterday. She didn't like Rambo AT ALL (she was the naughtiest of rabbits and would repeatedly steal my niece's toys and run off with them :lol:) and she's never been mad keen on Lola (I think because she's so nervy) but she adores new bun and did very well at not being too loud or bouncy in his pen. She thinks we should call him Charlie. It's under consideration.
25qf8lg.jpg

One more for good measure.
ir7z45.jpg

Big step today. I caught them lying down together there times. Unfortunately they both get up to see what's going on when I get close so it's hard to get a pic.
Feeling super positive about this future bond.

2wqu8lu.jpg

It looks like he's called Herman. Like Herman Munster but Herman Bunster. I'm not completely sold but it's the closest OH and I have come to agreeing!
Everything is still pretty chill. Nipping has come to a complete stop so I've taken down the double walling. I don't think she's totally smitten because she's spending most of her time in her usual spot under the table, but she's certainly still interested in him. He hasn't shown any aggression at any point and seems more confident around her than he did.

Here they are sat together last night
fua07s.jpg

And this morning (she was just getting up. It's almost like she's embarrassed to like him. She'll hang out with him when we're not there but she runs off as soon as I'm about)
2vihxmd.jpg

It feels like time is passing so slowly, I just want him neutered and bonded but it could be weeks yet!

We had some nice spending time together last night

saying hello
n54xeo.jpg

a bit of mutual grooming
sdpqv5.jpg

and some lounging together (Herman got up when I moved of course). It's very unusual for Lola to lie around in the open, it's definitely so she can be closer to him. :love:
rthvd1.jpg

I'm so tempted to put them together for a bit. I've always done the small pen bond in one go method but given that it could be months yet before they're together I wonder if the dating method wouldn't be a bad idea in this instance.

Last edited:
Aww :love: they look very happy and relaxed:love: I’ve never bonded un neutered rabbits so I can’t advise on that I’m afraid.

Herman binky caught on webcam!
35iupky.jpg

I finally got a memory card for it so it's on motion record. Reviewed all the footage yesterday and there's tonnes of herman trying to play with lola. I'm a little worried he's too young for her but she's done her fair share of chasing him about and binkying on her side ��

Herman binky caught on webcam!
35iupky.jpg

I finally got a memory card for it so it's on motion record. Reviewed all the footage yesterday and there's tonnes of herman trying to play with lola. I'm a little worried he's too young for her but she's done her fair share of chasing him about and binkying on her side ��
That’s a brilliant photo:love: I don’t think age will be a problem:thumb:

He has a new name! Oh agreed Herman wasn't right, he just liked the pun element. We're now trialling obi (as in obi bun kenobi).

This morning obi realised he can jump 3ft in the air straight over the panels
Can't seem to input the gif I made but :
Http://i64.tinypic.com/kar98m.gif

Also lola bit him a whole bunch in one sitting yesterday but he kept binkying off and coming back almost like he liked it and then later they were properly lying down together, not just near each other (which is her choice) So idk what to make of it all.

Well the blanket barrier only lasted so long! I've got a couple of videos of his escapades on my instagram . Amusing, but very close to complete disaster and heartbreak in both. Everything is fully secure for him now though.

Lola is still being quite secretive about her feelings towards him. Webcam shows she spends a lot of time with him when we're not there but you'd never know it from her behaviour when we're about.
I think she has bouts where she really misses Rambo though, every so often you'll find her in their old room in their old favourite spot and she won't take food from you or anything (definitely emotional not eating, not stasis or teeth related).

I've got to be honest and say I'm not completely gelling with Obi. He's a lovely rabbit who seems really keen on Lola and I'm glad we've got him but I bonded instantly with all my previous rabbits and I still feel like I don't really "know" him.
Lola is a total sweetheart, Mack loved a cuddle, Eli was the silliest, dopiest thing on the planet, Rambo was a complete terror - always up to mischief. I'll get there I'm sure but for now he's just Lola's future husbun who is living in my house.

Back