Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone have a house rabbit that they never 'contain'

Lilac is a fully free range bun, the only time she gets shut in a room is when the food shopping is being delivered! That said, she doesn't like the kitchen or bathroom much because of the laminate, so perhaps this is the case for your boy. Could be worth trying a few rugs to see if that changes how much he moves around.
    Mum to Lilac and Teddy, a little head tilt bun

Forum Buddy

I have two that arenít contained anywhere, only place they canít go is the spare room but thatís because there are two more bunnies in there. They have their Ďnestí under our bed and itís all neatly lined with fur during the winter and often through the summer too.
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Make £2019 in 2019 ~ Total so far: £27

CraftyBunnyCreates Pop by and see me for handpainted signs, blankets and more

Lola has free run of the entire flat unless there's something in a particular room I don't want her getting at, then I just shut the door to that room. Through choice she never goes down the stairs or in the bathroom or kitchen (which have lino floors).

Initially she and Rambo just had their room but they were so good (no peeing outside of the litter tray & no chewing woodwork or carpets) that I ended up giving them the landing too, and when I'd found good ways to stop them pulling my books and things off the bookcase and felt like I understood them a bit more I opened up my room too. It took a little longer to bunny proof the lounge but she's now in there whenever she wants too. I've put an extra litter tray in there because it seemed like such a big area without hay or a place to pee but I don't think she's ever done a wee in it.

She hangs out all over the place now but it did take her a long time to get comfortable everywhere, especially areas where there was nothing to hide in/behind. Depending on your set up it might be worth putting some more tunnels or boxes in to see if you can encourage him to explore.

Click the photo for my etsy shop, or follow me on facebook

Thank you everyone.
    I moved the cat tunnel so it was kind of a bridge between his rug/door runner and the main rug and he happily started moving so he could go through the tunnel to the big rug and back.

We are decorating the lounge at some point this year so will be getting new rugs so I will be making sure they are more Stan friendly.

My husband wasnt keen on him being free range when we are at work or in bed.....will have to slowly do that one lol.

My two youngest cats, Sonny n Spook got the fright of their life last night when due to the heavy rain they were doing a mad half hour running round the house and went to leap and run through the cat tunnel only to be met by our ginger n white helicopter bun who quickly put them in their place. Go on Stan you show em!

Sonny does on occasion give Stan a couple of licks or a sniff. He has no idea what Stan is but there is a slowly blossoming friendship there. I reckon by winter when the fire is on there will be a bun laid with the pride

Im sure your partner will relax with a bit of time and seeing that everything is fine. I know I used to be a bit on edge of lola was in a room without me but now it doesn't phase me at all.

She does insist on getting in bed and grooming me until I wake up every day at about 5am though. That I could live without!

Click the photo for my etsy shop, or follow me on facebook

My Bertie doesn't go downstairs. My late bunny did and it was quite cute to hear the pitter patter of furry feet coming down.