Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peeing and pooping all over the bed!

Default Peeing and pooping all over the bed!

Hi all, I hope everyone’s well!

I have had Ivy since she was a baby and she is now a little over a year old, she’s been spayed (when she was 6mo) and is perfectly healthy but has recently decided to use my bed as her litter tray!! I’m so confused as she never did this as a baby which I know is normal, so why is she doing it now!? Nothing has changed in my room.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rabbits seem to have an interest in peeing on soft things sadly it could also be her way of telling you she is upset about something, for instance if shes put away of a night time, or if theres been something that scared her and she's telling you how annoyed she is. the only thing you can do is probably stop her from going on the bed
    rabbits are like angels; they have a way of finding people that need them, and filling an emptiness they didn't even know they had.

When Frosty and Snowflake were house rabbits they had mats in their pen for ages with no problems then one day suddenly started chewing them and weeing on them.

Who knows why.

They now live out in a shed and run set uo with two does and dont get any soft furnishings, just hay in their litter trays!

I have 2 house rabbits that live in a room with carpet with no problems ...

So sorry but notifications were off so I’ve only just seen this!

She’s still doing it but I’m wondering if she has a bit of stasis as she is a little quiet, can they have gut stasis mildly?

The reason I think this is because early she did a wee on my carpet and after she did it she did a weird stretch with her stomach (my other bun did the same when she had stasis). But she is still eating which is good! But she’s definitely not 100%.

Xx

Just a thought, but if your bunny has started peeing outside of her litter tray, it could be that she has a bit of a urinary infection. A vet would be able to confirm whether or not she has, by extracting a drop or wee and testing it. Is your bunny pooping as normal ?
    [IMG][/IMG

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Quote Originally Posted by Pets mum View Post
    Just a thought, but if your bunny has started peeing outside of her litter tray, it could be that she has a bit of a urinary infection. A vet would be able to confirm whether or not she has, by extracting a drop or wee and testing it. Is your bunny pooping as normal ?
    That’s a good point actually! Yes she’s pooing normal, and everywhere haha! But it is so unlike her

Wouldn't hurt to get her checked out then, if it is that, antibiotics should soon clear it up. My girl had this a couple of months ago, she kept peeing on the rug, unusual for her, soon cleared up though with meds. Hope your bunny goes on ok.
    [IMG][/IMG

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Wouldn't hurt to get her checked out then, if it is that, antibiotics should soon clear it up. My girl had this a couple of months ago, she kept peeing on the rug, unusual for her, soon cleared up though with meds. Hope your bunny goes on ok.
    Oh bless her, I’m glad to hear she’s better now! I’ll book an app for tomorrow. Did the results come back quick?

Quote Originally Posted by Hills View Post
    Oh bless her, I’m glad to hear she’s better now! I’ll book an app for tomorrow. Did the results come back quick?

They tested it there and then using a dipstick tester, so yes very quick. Let us know how she gets on if you do take her. Good luck !
    [IMG][/IMG

They tested it there and then using a dipstick tester, so yes very quick. Let us know how she gets on if you do take her. Good luck !
    Oh perfect! Thank you I will do!