• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Peeing and pooping all over the bed!

Hills

Young Bun
Hi all, I hope everyone’s well!

I have had Ivy since she was a baby and she is now a little over a year old, she’s been spayed (when she was 6mo) and is perfectly healthy but has recently decided to use my bed as her litter tray!! I’m so confused as she never did this as a baby which I know is normal, so why is she doing it now!? Nothing has changed in my room.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rabbits seem to have an interest in peeing on soft things sadly :( it could also be her way of telling you she is upset about something, for instance if shes put away of a night time, or if theres been something that scared her and she's telling you how annoyed she is. the only thing you can do is probably stop her from going on the bed :?

When Frosty and Snowflake were house rabbits they had mats in their pen for ages with no problems then one day suddenly started chewing them and weeing on them.

Who knows why.

They now live out in a shed and run set uo with two does and dont get any soft furnishings, just hay in their litter trays!

I have 2 house rabbits that live in a room with carpet with no problems ...

So sorry but notifications were off so I’ve only just seen this!

She’s still doing it but I’m wondering if she has a bit of stasis as she is a little quiet, can they have gut stasis mildly?

The reason I think this is because early she did a wee on my carpet and after she did it she did a weird stretch with her stomach (my other bun did the same when she had stasis). But she is still eating which is good! But she’s definitely not 100%.

Xx

Just a thought, but if your bunny has started peeing outside of her litter tray, it could be that she has a bit of a urinary infection. A vet would be able to confirm whether or not she has, by extracting a drop or wee and testing it. Is your bunny pooping as normal ?

Just a thought, but if your bunny has started peeing outside of her litter tray, it could be that she has a bit of a urinary infection. A vet would be able to confirm whether or not she has, by extracting a drop or wee and testing it. Is your bunny pooping as normal ?

That’s a good point actually! Yes she’s pooing normal, and everywhere haha! But it is so unlike her

Wouldn't hurt to get her checked out then, if it is that, antibiotics should soon clear it up. My girl had this a couple of months ago, she kept peeing on the rug, unusual for her, soon cleared up though with meds. Hope your bunny goes on ok.

Wouldn't hurt to get her checked out then, if it is that, antibiotics should soon clear it up. My girl had this a couple of months ago, she kept peeing on the rug, unusual for her, soon cleared up though with meds. Hope your bunny goes on ok.

Oh bless her, I’m glad to hear she’s better now! I’ll book an app for tomorrow. Did the results come back quick?

Oh bless her, I’m glad to hear she’s better now! I’ll book an app for tomorrow. Did the results come back quick?

They tested it there and then using a dipstick tester, so yes very quick. Let us know how she gets on if you do take her. Good luck !

Just thought I’d let you know that I couldn’t get an appointment for today so I’ve got one tomorrow, so will let you know tomorrow what they say x

Just thought I’d let you know that I couldn’t get an appointment for today so I’ve got one tomorrow, so will let you know tomorrow what they say x

good luck for tomorrow, hope it goes ok xx

Just got back from the vets, he doesn’t think she has an infection but thinks it’s either behavioural or cycstisis (sorry for my spelling). He’s given her an injection of ‘cerenia’ and he wants me to get a urine sample x

Back