• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sammy's time has sadly come.

Sammy&Patch

Warren Scout
My beautiful, funny, mischievous, friendly, loving bunny, Sammy passed away last night. She would have been 9 years old next month. I have had her since she was a baby, adopted from pets at home where she was at the back for rehoming, I think to make room for a new litter of bunnies :-( She has been such a wonderful delight in our lives, living indoors with us. She had a companion, Patch for a few years until he passed away. Gingerbread has been in her life for about the last 4 years. The bonding unfortunately never worked out and as it started to look like it might, Sammy became ill. Luckily they have enjoyed plenty of cuddles with each other over the last year and been happy in each others (supervised) company! Sammy was ill last august with problems on and off until February. She has had a pretty clear run since then where she put weight back on and has been her happy self, running around, nosey, excited, enjoying cuddles etc. Everything was absolutely fine until yesterday lunchtime. She didn't really want to move around and wasn't wanting food. She wasn't moving around in pain or discomfort like when she has been blocked before. I gave her zantek and loxicom anyway just in case. She ate some dandelion leaves but nothing else. We went to bed at midnight and my partner found her at 4am when he got up for the toilet. She looked peaceful. We think her body was just shutting down yesterday, with age. It was a shock as she had been doing so well and there was no sign of anything wrong until yesterday (and believe me I have been annoyingly worried about the tiniest sign of anything being wrong!). I knew it had to happen sometime and I am pleased she had such a good run after being so very poorly and also her passing away at home was good. She amazed the vets pulling through anaesthetics for getting her teeth filed on 2 occasions since august, this was after her suspected stroke which she recovered full movement from, the absess she had also showed no signs of returning. I felt like she could go on for ever! Blood tests had shown kindey problems but we didn't have a time frame and she didn't appear to be having issues from it. She was on 1/2 a cisapride tablet every day for the last few months and hadn't needed anything else to keep her fit and healthy. I want to thank everyone who has given me advise and support since august when I have been on here back and forth with all the things that were going wrong! xxx

I'm so sorry that you have lost Sammy, it sounds like she had a wonderful loving life with you, right from you finding her, at P & H, 9 years ago. Binky free little Sammy xxx

i'm so sorry, she was obviously greatly loved and gave so much joy.

R.I.P. dear Sammy xxx

I'm sorry for your huge loss but I'm glad it sounded like she was feeling good right up to the end. Sweet dreams Sammy xx

I'm sorry you have lost such a well loved bunny. It's so sad when they leave us, but memories become all the more precious. x

I am so sorry to read this. Sammy had the most wonderful magic love filled life with you and Sammy have you the most wonderful memories. Binky free beautiful Sammy xx

Thankyou everyone, I really miss her so much, she has left a hole in my heart :-( Thanks for all the love. She is back with her bunny pal, Patch, in bunny heaven, they will be running and binkying over the hills :)

Back