• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snowberry deciduous shrub

Bundozer

Young Bun
Hi, does anyone know if rabbits can eat the stems and leaves of the snowberry shrub? I googled it and came across something that said rabbits, deer and small mammals eat the stems and leaves. I’d assume the berries are not for rabbits. Does anyone know? Or feed the stems and leaves to rabbits?

Thank you in advance for any insight x

It is sometimes very difficult to find accurate information regarding safe plants for rabbits. This site says to avoid Snowberry. https://thebritishrabbitcouncil.org/in-the-garden.htm But it's possible that you will find other sites which say its OK. What I do in such circumstances is not take a chance and if just one site suggests that a plant is unsafe, I do not feed it.

Please tell more :) We've got a Snowberry hedge.
I had it in a Georgian restaurant in St. Petersburg, a flavour of a honey-based hot drink called sbiten. it could have been a translation error (plants are bad enough to tie down in English) though so I would try looking it up before attempting it :D

I had it in a Georgian restaurant in St. Petersburg, a flavour of a honey-based hot drink called sbiten. it could have been a translation error (plants are bad enough to tie down in English) though so I would try looking it up before attempting it :D

Thank you :)

Back