• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RAW - #Throwback Thursday

Graciee

Staff member
Show us your favourite photos from way back. Baby bunny photos, pics from your bunny's gotcha day, your first childhood bunny maybe?

As always, remember that everyone who posts a photo on one of this week's themed photo threads will be in with a chance of winning a bunny toy from the Binky Shop.

My very first Rabbits, three Black Otter Standard Rex Does bought from Petsmart (now PAH) in January 1998. Eleanor (Elie), Megan (Meg) and Beatrice (Bea)

w7MO74X.jpg

XsZMGRn.jpg

BR9ZOML.jpg

I then obtained a few more Rabbits, one being an adult Caster Rex Buck, Seamus.

HYtBFuR.jpg

I had him neutered and bonded him with Bea as she was being bullied by Eli & Meg. What the Vet failed to tell me was that a Buck can remain fertile for several weeks post neuter. I was advised I could put Seamus back with Bea after a few days..................

The result ? A 'fat' Bea ?

D7rErEb.jpg

Nope, a VERY pregnant Bea ! She had 8 kits :shock:

yqbvfpB.jpg

My very first Rabbits, three Black Otter Standard Rex Does bought from Petsmart (now PAH) in January 1998. Eleanor (Elie), Megan (Meg) and Beatrice (Bea)

w7MO74X.jpg

XsZMGRn.jpg

BR9ZOML.jpg

I then obtained a few more Rabbits, one being an adult Caster Rex Buck, Seamus.

HYtBFuR.jpg

I had him neutered and bonded him with Bea as she was being bullied by Eli & Meg. What the Vet failed to tell me was that a Buck can remain fertile for several weeks post neuter. I was advised I could put Seamus back with Bea after a few days..................

The result ? A 'fat' Bea ?

D7rErEb.jpg

Nope, a VERY pregnant Bea ! She had 8 kits :shock:

yqbvfpB.jpg
What a terrible accident.... [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] They're all so gorgeous! I'll have to find some pictures of my mini lops later :D

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

It was rather a shock, to say the least !
[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

8 babies is a lot, did you rehome them? Or keep them? When Clementine started nesting I was like oh gawd.. Praying it was a phantom.. But at the same time I decided even if we had got like 8 or more I'd have tried to keep them all [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] as insane as that is I knew I'd have been unable to part from tiny baby Clementines [emoji38]

My first bunny was a dwarf lop called Smudge. She was initially bonded with her littermate, Dusty, however she died from a respiratory infection when she was 2. Smudge became a house rabbit after that. She’d happily travel the 380 mile car journey to visit my parents and would munch her way up the motorway.

I moved in with my parents when Smudge was about 5 when I went to Uni and so Smudge moved into the summerhouse. She had a section to herself and could go in and out during the day as she pleased. She free ranged in the garden and helpfully pruned many of the plants. The roses were all bare for the first 18 inches or so, purely coincidentallly, this was exactly how high she could reach on her hind legs!

Obviously, I’d never do this now, but she would mug anyone for a Cadbury’s chocolate button. She used to sit by the patio doors and beg for one. She had to investigate everything that was going on and you’d trip over her when hanging up the washing. She loved a good fuss as long as her feet were on the ground. She’d sit under Dad’s workbench when it was set up in the garden. That’s how she ended up with varnish on her head... She passed away when she was 7 and was the reason I found this forum.

2vAsKCUl.jpg

t7ErERNl.jpg

4XXA6F6l.jpg

[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

8 babies is a lot, did you rehome them? Or keep them? When Clementine started nesting I was like oh gawd.. Praying it was a phantom.. But at the same time I decided even if we had got like 8 or more I'd have tried to keep them all [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] as insane as that is I knew I'd have been unable to part from tiny baby Clementines [emoji38]

I kept them all xx

So pic overload probably.. Sorry! [emoji14]

This is Daniel and Phoebe, looking very grumpy and unsure... I have lots a lot of images on them.. but who knows where they are.... [emoji38] Daniel is the darker mini lop.

TOicfnA.jpg

The baby velvets :love:

Yh1oYS2.jpg

Atticus the day we brought him home

AngAqOm.jpg

Clementine the day we brought her home... [emoji38] I didn't even know what a sploot was or what she was doing [emoji38]

dFJLqIO.jpg

Both of them :)

vu9Kolb.jpg

First Dandelion [emoji38]

yqiuqla.jpg

Atticus loved laying behind me for some reason [emoji38]

PggnVwO.jpg

Their first time in their first outdoor pen

xUfPopi.jpg

These are all before 16 weeks old where it all went horribly wrong [emoji38]

Last edited:
My first bunny was a dwarf lop called Smudge. She was initially bonded with her littermate, Dusty, however she died from a respiratory infection when she was 2. Smudge became a house rabbit after that. She’d happily travel the 380 mile car journey to visit my parents and would munch her way up the motorway.

I moved in with my parents when Smudge was about 5 when I went to Uni and so Smudge moved into the summerhouse. She had a section to herself and could go in and out during the day as she pleased. She free ranged in the garden and helpfully pruned many of the plants. The roses were all bare for the first 18 inches or so, purely coincidentallly, this was exactly how high she could reach on her hind legs!

Obviously, I’d never do this now, but she would mug anyone for a Cadbury’s chocolate button. She used to sit by the patio doors and beg for one. She had to investigate everything that was going on and you’d trip over her when hanging up the washing. She loved a good fuss as long as her feet were on the ground. She’d sit under Dad’s workbench when it was set up in the garden. That’s how she ended up with varnish on her head... She passed away when she was 7 and was the reason I found this forum.

2vAsKCUl.jpg

t7ErERNl.jpg

4XXA6F6l.jpg

Smudge is just gorgeous. What a beautiful snuggly rabbit:love:

:cry: locksley my soul bun, taken way way to soon, he wasn't even 16mths? The impact he had in that time, would never leave me in my heart? I will never forget you lox :love:

010-4.jpg

009-4.jpg

021.jpg

024-4.jpg

Photo of a photo, so not great quality, but this was Spenser's second summer with me when his lionhead genes were at their most stunning!
53ddc06a89e4cc81519833146b9c1432.jpg

Sent from my 5051X using Tapatalk

Lovely photos :love:

This is my first cuddle with Boots :love:
9505d0d3-ecdc-4c8c-9437-b8223965e8f0_zps505ecd9d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

We fell in love with him whilst volunteering at a BARC open day :love:

Back