Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Vibes and advice for Fizzgig please- Dental issues

Thank you both. If there is no improvement by Tuesday, the vet may advise further investigation under GA and dental work I guess. My main concern with that is that it is then less than three weeks before I am away for a three week period (8 Feb to 2 March). I think my Mum/Partner would be able to support Fizzgig with eye drops and cleaning if the eye is continuing to discharge, and they are experienced with administering oral metacam, but I'd worry if she was in a post dental recovery phase given that it took her nearly 2 weeks to eat normally. The trouble with Fizzgig is that even when she had an abscess she was still eating hay and only struggled to do so post op. If you were in the same position and a GA/Dental were recommended next week, would you go ahead as a precaution, even if bunny was eating well?

Thanks

Jo
    OI000001.jpg by Jo Dale, on Flickr

Mama Doe

Dental issues can escalate quickly certainly within 2 or 3 weeks. I think I would get any advisory work sorted ASAP (unless it is very minor and something you know will wait from past experience) to allow a recovery while you are still there to look after her, and to prevent it becoming critical while you are away and someone else having to deal with it, unless you are confident that they can cope.

Thanks Shimmer, yes that's what I'm thinking too. Her eye doesn't look any better yet.

IMG_20200117_091049 by Jo Dale, on Flickr
    Last edited by Kittykat23uk; 17-01-2020 at 10:13 AM.
    OI000001.jpg by Jo Dale, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Kittykat23uk View Post
    Thanks Shimmer, yes that's what I'm thinking too. Her eye doesn't look any better yet.

IMG_20200117_091049 by Jo Dale, on Flickr
    To me it looks as though she may have an abscess in her tear duct. Is she on systemic abx too ? An injectable Penicillin maybe ??

''Realise deeply that the present moment is all you have. Make the 'now' the primary focus of your life'' ~ Eckhart Tolle

Hugs xxx

Thanks, that's what I'm worried about. No she's only on the eye drops right now but I have brought her recheck forward to Monday morning on the expectation that she may need surgery and we'll take it from there. 😭

I hope Fizzgigs appointment goes well & the surgery too if she needs it

I love your signature

Quote Originally Posted by Kittykat23uk View Post
    Thanks, that's what I'm worried about. No she's only on the eye drops right now but I have brought her recheck forward to Monday morning on the expectation that she may need surgery and we'll take it from there. ��

I would want to make sure that skull radiographs are taken too. Sending lots of vibes xx

''Realise deeply that the present moment is all you have. Make the 'now' the primary focus of your life'' ~ Eckhart Tolle

Yes I think they normally do that but I'll check.

Sending lots of vibes for her xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx