• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter Training

Meganb

New Kit
Hi everyone, we're getting our 4 month old rabbits neutered on Monday. Ive read that you can't litter train them until they've been neutered so they've been going wherever they please really. We really want to start trying to litter train them once they've been done, does anyone have any hints and tips? Have we waited too late to do it? Thanks in advance

It's never too soon to get them used to using a litter tray but no you haven't left it too late. I would start now, just put some hay in the tray and this will encourage them to use it. Hope their neuters go well.

It's never too soon to get them used to using a litter tray but no you haven't left it too late. I would start now, just put some hay in the tray and this will encourage them to use it. Hope their neuters go well.

This :thumb:

I would start sweeping up poops as often as possible and popping them into the tray, and mopping up any wee on the floor with kitchen towel, you can put the wee soaked kitchen towel into the tray too, to encourage them to use it. And neutralise the wee patches in the floor with vinegar/water mixed 50/50. A lot of use low underbed storage boxes as litter trays, as two or more bunnies can fit in easily :thumb:

I hope the ops go smoothly.

Thanks everyone, will start trying these tips out!

Good luck :thumb: I’m sure it will get easier once they’ve been neutered, especially after their hormones have started to subside. A long handled dustpan and brush comes in handy!

Good luck with the neutering on Monday, I'm sure all will go well. Yes hay on newspaper is usually a winner, bunnies like to chew and poo, bless them :lol:

Back