• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Lady Pip has a gassy tummy and won't eat.

Update.

I've had to leave Pip at the emergency vets. She can't have any more Metacam she's had the full dose. I said no to the stronger painkiller that makes bunnies sleepy.

She has a small amount of gut sounds, but needs syringe feeding a d I have to go to work.

X

Update.

I've had to leave Pip at the emergency vets. She can't have any more Metacam she's had the full dose. I said no to the stronger painkiller that makes bunnies sleepy.

She has a small amount of gut sounds, but needs syringe feeding a d I have to go to work.

X

Can they do a blood glucose test and a conscious abdominal Xray ? Hopefully they will get her onto IV fluids straight away ? Not wanting to add to your stress, it's just that personally I would want the Vet to be certain that there is not a full obstruction. That said, I am not a Vet so I am only posting what I would ask the Vet to do were Pip my Rabbit.

Sending millions more vibes for Pip

Poor Pip, sending as many vibes as I can muster. It must be horrible for you having to go to work, sending hugs to you too xx

Sending millions of vibes for beautiful Pip. Lillian and Henry send nose rubs for their favorite nethie pair. I hope that you have some positive update later. xx

I just want you to know I am thinking of your precious lady pip and I hope everything is ok xxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Sorry everyone for the long time in replying. We've just picked her up.

She hadnt pooped all day still and they didn't want us to collect her. I said she's litter trained though and doesn't like to poop away from home. They tried a litter tray and 5 mins later phoned back cos she'd done some poops.

She's home now and straight away leapt into the litter tray and did some more teeny poops and started munching hay. Hoorahhh.

They said I have to syringe feed if she doesn't eat much in a few hours. Time for a power nap, now my fur baby is home. Was a horrid day at work worrying.

Thank you all for your wonderful vibes.

Last edited:
Well, that is good positive news. It is always hard worrying about our little furry companins when we are at work, but we feel so helpless.
But it looks like lady Pip is responding and pooping and hopefully now, after a few days with husbun, and some good old home loving, she will be back to normal. Keep the updates coming please and topping up the vibes. xx

how dare they expect Lady Pip poop on the floor like a commoner? I'm so glad she is home & looks to be on the mend. Well done Pippy xx

how dare they expect Lady Pip poop on the floor like a commoner? I'm so glad she is home & looks to be on the mend. Well done Pippy xx
Extremely rude in my opinion. Imagine if she put a claw upon a poop! It simply will not do. I am really pleased to hear she's pooping - hugs for you xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I’m glad she is home, and I hope she will continue to improve. Topping up the vibes and hugs xx

Back