• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter Training Set Back after Garden

Eloise6

New Kit
Hi I have two lovely boy buns who are approx. 2 years old. When I got them 2 months ago (from someone who no longer had room for them), Long Boi had bad litter habbits and was marking all over the conservatory where they live. Turned out he wasn't neutered. Once we had him done, this drastically improved over night and wasn't a problem again at all until this week.

ANYWAY, this week I have let them have free access to the garden and conservatory whilst I am at work in the day (fully enclosed etc garden). No issues EXCEPT Long Boi has started marking the conservatory again with pee drops, spray and scatter pooping. Has anyone else had similar? Will it go away or is there something I should do to discourage the behaviour? I clean up the mess as soon as I can, and put poops back in their litter tray, but as I am out in the day it isn't straight away. I'd rather not stop them using the garden as they enjoy it so much and get good excersize, but was this too much freedom too soon?

Often with new territory they will forget their litter training, cleaning up as soon as possible is the best bet, and neutralising wee patches with a 50/50 mix of vinegar and water will probably help.

Back