• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Owner confessions time

I was watching a Grand Designs when they revisit last night (the most beautiful straw bale & oak self build :love:). They were keen to be as self sufficient as possible. The bloke was talking about human forage & specifically mentioned hawthorn. I might google some recipes & surprise Bob:lol:
I keep meaning to try wild garlic, but the goats get there first :lol:

I keep meaning to try wild garlic, but the goats get there first :lol:

I've stir fried wild garlic before, it was years ago but I think it was nice. My friend allegedly makes a lovely soup with it though I've not had the honour of trying it myself

Is it ok for bunnies ?

I've stir fried wild garlic before, it was years ago but I think it was nice. My friend allegedly makes a lovely soup with it though I've not had the honour of trying it myself

Is it ok for bunnies ?

Definitely not :)

I eat my hamsters dried banana, I ate the whole pack. :oops:. The beetroot crunchies are disgusting. Tried fenugreek crunchies, so so. [emoji38]
Anyone who says they haven't tried a piece of banana chip from a hamster mix is a complete liar!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Metacam (almost daily), some forest fruit fibra sticks I got whilst waiting for p@H to get Booblys fibrafirst sticks in , willow grass, apple & pear. You'd have to pay me a lot to try herb bobert - I hate that smell
Herb Robert, any geranium/cranesbill, anything fluffy :S Chickweed's bearable TBH. Currant leaves are foul.

I've licked my fingers after handling muesli and Excel, muesli was floury and Excel was like powdery sugar. I also used to soak the oats leftover from muesli and tried that, it wasn't great.

Well here we go.. :p
Aside from the accidental critical care (iirc this was the one that landed in my tea :roll:.. Don't ask...),fibreplex (it's all lies - it does NOT taste of carrot-!), ranitidine and emeprid (I now completely sympathise with my 'awkward' lot - it's disgusting!) there is one thing that I did intentionally, and that was the nettles I harvested last year. It was my first time feeding nettles and I was too paranoid about the rabbits getting stung (even though I know everyone says they don't :roll:) so I dried them out on the radiators. I kept touching them daily and intentionally pressing them and stinging myself until I was happy the sting was all gone.
Then, just to be sure, I decided to try a few leaves myself first.
I was mocked for that.
On the plus side I discovered nettle is actually good! Tastes a bit like spinach :D
On the downside I did try one too early.. :oops:

Edit: Also to add.. If I wasn't vegetarian and paranoid about what they put in them I would absolutely try a fibafirst.
For science, obviously. :mrgreen:

Back