• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pippin the grunting bucking bunny

Mervinius

Mama Doe
Pippin has been getting more grunty and started lunging at Archie when any food if offered to them. She has even started a strange grunting bucking donkey move. She grunts and leaps in the air and often lands on poor Archie. I don't want either of them hurt.

We've tried scattering pellets and not feeding with a bowl etc, it helped a little, but she was definitely getting worse.

I've been recommended to keep them both in their pen and restrict their freedom for a while. So she re learns her territory and perhaps she was stressed by the freedom we have her in our new house.

(We moved to a new house and stupidly gave them almost free reign after just 3 days) this behaviour only started in this house. It never happened before and we've had them 3 years.

Any other ideas everyone.

They are both staring at me and tugging on the pen because they want to come out.
I feel mean.

Have they got lots of things that could destract them, toys, things to chew, hide, or jump on?
Hanging food like veggies on a string with pegs etc

Have they got lots of things that could destract them, toys, things to chew, hide, or jump on?
Hanging food like veggies on a string with pegs etc
Yep they have loads of things to keep them busy, tunnels, toys and things to jump on. just filled a huge willow ball with hay and dried forage and gave them a hay cookie.

Could be the house move all territory is new, could also be abit of spring fever?
Have you tried the food dispenser balls?

Could be the house move all territory is new, could also be abit of spring fever?
Have you tried the food dispenser balls?
Yeah she has been very humpy since spring started which might have made it worse. Yep bought a good ball. She was worse. Archie worked it out first and she didn't like him getting the food. Haha.

Oh lady Pip,most unseemly behaviour!
This is what I've told her. I said it's not very lady like at all.

Picture of Archie being a good boy.
468e40b5a823554368dd2e571b77c3db.jpg

Syrup spots the hay cookie! Beautiful boy Archie. How is Lady pips fur pulling going?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
She's still doing it, but it's not caused any issues. We stopped all the forage in the end for a few weeks and she still did it. So it isn't anything to do with her diet. I think it's just her moulting.

So we are trying her own Oxbow papaya tablets, so it keeps things moving through her. It's taken me weeks to convince her they are edible. Hahaha.

Syrup can share the hay cookie

I agree, I think it could be new territory coupled with spring fever. Have you tried a pet remedy diffuser? Are both bunnies healthy at the moment?

Back