Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Garage at night?

Well the garage idea is out because I just measured up and there isn't the recommended space haha.

So unfortunately it looks like it will have to be an outdoor setup. I have plenty of space it's just working out the best way to minimise fox fear for them.

My idea at the moment is a hutch and run. And build like a half shed around the hutch as a sort of barrier

Quote Originally Posted by Red1 View Post
    Well the garage idea is out because I just measured up and there isn't the recommended space haha.

So unfortunately it looks like it will have to be an outdoor setup. I have plenty of space it's just working out the best way to minimise fox fear for them.

My idea at the moment is a hutch and run. And build like a half shed around the hutch as a sort of barrier
    Ah, thatís a shame. Having had outdoor bunnies before in hutches and sheds with runs, if you have the space I would recommend a shed every time, more indoor space, much easier for cleaning out, and you can sit inside with them. Easier to insulate too.

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

I'll have to measure up and see and make sure it won't obstruct the garden door.

Can anyone recommend a hutch? Most of the links posted are now dead/out of date.

I've come across this one? Obviously an additional run would be attached.

http://www.therabbithutchcompany.co....bit-hutch.html

You can get sheds that are made to different sizes, that might be worth considering

Iím out of touch with hutches Iím afraid!

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Wise Old Thumper

The problem with the coup is in very bad weather the rabbits only have a small area upstairs to live in. No-one recommends these on another forum I go on ie UK Rabbits. People on there have some lovely set-ups.

I've looked at a few sheds which cost about the same as a decent hutch but by the time you adapt it it's very expensive!

What if I adapted this one slightly so they had a better shelter area?
    https://www.rabbit-hutches.co.uk/6ft...iABEgLJq_D_BwE

If you're local/able to get a van to to Nottingham there's a massive playhouse/shed on Freecycle and I can put you in touch?
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

My bunnies have the best of both worlds - they have a large aviary setup in the garage with a runaround tunnel through the garage wall to allow access to outside. It means my arthritic bun has access to a slightly more sheltered space (the garage gets cold but not as draughty as outside) and in exteme weather like that horrendous snow I can close of access to the run.

My other group have a playhouse from garden buildings direct, it was much cheaper than a hutch and I did very little modification to start other than mesh some of the windows for ventilation. All things like a mesh door and shelf etc I added over time as it was attached to a large run so they had plenty of space. I built up little by little - it now looks like this:

The run is aviary panels turned sideways - this meant I could go bigger than a petshop run but cheaper than the manufacturers of decent sized runs.
    I Suffer From Multiple Rabbit Syndrome
    (Because One Rabbit Is Never Enough!)