• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Here's Rosie!

Yes she was Verity! We changed her name to Rosie, easier for our grandson to say, and we think she suits it.
She was from the Rabbit Rescue Northwest. Had you seen her on their site?🙂

:lol: I thought it was. No, I’m friends with Katy. Infact we were only talking about her yesterday :) Sounds like she’s very settled with you x

Mikek, I think Rosie is better too, just couldn't imagine myself calling" Verity" in the garden lol, what would the neighbours think 😂

:lol: I thought it was. No, I’m friends with Katy. Infact we were only talking about her yesterday :) Sounds like she’s very settled with you x

Oh right, Katy is lovely! Rosie is very settled so far, she has tried to box me a couple of times, but it was my own fault because i invaded her space lol!
She loves being in the garden and has been running around like mad and binkying loads, lovely to see X :love:

Oh she is beautiful. Wishing you much happiness with her.

My house rabbit, Bertie, is as different as could be from my late bunny, Spenser. This makes him all the more special as I often think of Spenser when Bertie acts so differently. No rabbit is ever replaced, but the furry holes they leave behind can certainly be filled.

I didnt know about you losing Spenser, I haven't been on here as much as I used to, really sorry to hear that:(
It's nice to hear you have been able to give another bunny a fab home, It's like you say we are not replacing our buns, they could never be replaced, but its great to be able to give another bun a chance X

I didnt know about you losing Spenser, I haven't been on here as much as I used to, really sorry to hear that:(
It's nice to hear you have been able to give another bunny a fab home, It's like you say we are not replacing our buns, they could never be replaced, but its great to be able to give another bun a chance X

I'll always miss Spenser with all his huffy puffy moods and fussiness with food, even his biting! But my world came back into focus when Bertie came to stay with me.

Well, we are 6 months in, and Rosie is settled well, but she won't join us in the living room like Benji used to, in fact she wont leave the conservatory at all! She loves going outside, and binkies loads, and runs around the garden at full speed, so seems very happy in that way, we have the run around every night because she doesnt want to come back in lol. What's worrying me is that she goes back under the table and prefers to be alone, she can't be bonded because she had terrible reactions to other buns when tried at the rescue, before we got her, and the rescue said she needed a home where she could do her own thing.
I have been sitting with her, and if I give her a treat she comes out and then puts her paws on my knee to get another treat. She doesn't really like being stroked much, and Katie from the rescue said that we will never know what she has been through.
I don't have much interaction with her because she seems to prefer it that way but it upsets me, and I worry she is lonely, although she cant be binded and she doesn't really want any interaction 😥. Am I doing the right thing in letting her be? Any replies or suggestions would be gratefully appreciated!

Well, we are 6 months in, and Rosie is settled well, but she won't join us in the living room like Benji used to, in fact she wont leave the conservatory at all! She loves going outside, and binkies loads, and runs around the garden at full speed, so seems very happy in that way, we have the run around every night because she doesnt want to come back in lol. What's worrying me is that she goes back under the table and prefers to be alone, she can't be bonded because she had terrible reactions to other buns when tried at the rescue, before we got her, and the rescue said she needed a home where she could do her own thing.
I have been sitting with her, and if I give her a treat she comes out and then puts her paws on my knee to get another treat. She doesn't really like being stroked much, and Katie from the rescue said that we will never know what she has been through.
I don't have much interaction with her because she seems to prefer it that way but it upsets me, and I worry she is lonely, although she cant be binded and she doesn't really want any interaction ��. Am I doing the right thing in letting her be? Any replies or suggestions would be gratefully appreciated!

What flooring is there in the rooms she wont go into ? Many Bunnies refuse to hope on lino/wood floors so putting rugs down can help :)

Is her eyesight OK ?

Hi Jane, she is on tiled floor in conservatory and she is fine on there, its wood floor in other rooms. Her eyes are good, just worried that she diesnt want to interact with us😥

Back