• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Bounce and Soo. Not my rabbits.

tonibun

Wise Old Thumper
Someone messaged me on Just Bunnies saying they had heard I do bonding and could I try to bond their 2 bunnies. Because they only have 1 carrier I went to collect them this morning and have them in my big shed. They are doing all the normal things so I am very hopeful. The owners thought Bounce was being very aggressive and were scared he was going to hurt her. He is just chasing her and she is too fast for him :thumb: This is the first time I have tried to bond someone else's rabbits so it's evenmore stressful than bonding your own.

Someone messaged me on Just Bunnies saying they had heard I do bonding and could I try to bond their 2 bunnies. Because they only have 1 carrier I went to collect them this morning and have them in my big shed. They are doing all the normal things so I am very hopeful. The owners thought Bounce was being very aggressive and were scared he was going to hurt her. He is just chasing her and she is too fast for him :thumb: This is the first time I have tried to bond someone else's rabbits so it's evenmore stressful than bonding your own.

I can imagine. i hope all continues to go well

Bunnies have been here a week today and they are co-habiting well. They are not bonded yet but they are getting there. There has been no fighting, just chasing by Bounce, but only for a couple of seconds at a time. I was speaking to the owner yesterday and she was worried Bounce is hurting her but I tried to assure her this was not happening, nor would I allow it. They haven't sorted the shed out yet so bunnies can't go home until they do as it is divided and cluttered. Otherwise bunnies could have gone home. She can't understand why they were happy sitting next to one another when the wire is inbetween, but when they put them together he bit her. He has never bitten her here as she is too quick. She seemed quite shocked to think they had been together all the time since coming here but I have been quite confident that they would be fine, and they have. I am looking forward to seeing them sitting together then I will feel they are starting to bond more deeply.

Sounds all very positive, really hope they form a good bond, it will be lovely for them. Good luck !

Back