• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Runaround tunnel up ramp to make it less slippery?

horsey44

New Kit
I've just had a new run built for the rabbits. The builder put in a second level with a large wooden ramp. The ramp hasn't any rungs so they cannot climb up it as it stands.

I have some runaround tunnels from my old setup. If I securely attach the tunnel up the length of the ramp, will it be suitable for them to climb up(through), despite the fact it's steep?

I unfortunately haven't any photos right now but was hoping the tunnel would offer enough grip for them to get up and down.

The builder has also made them a small bed area/house with a tiny ramp up onto a flat roof. Can anyone recommend a non toxic self adhesive carpet tile or some alternative to make the small ramp easy to climb, please.

Hope it all makes sense!

I have seen runaround pipe used at a very steep angle before so I think that should work. You could use rubber flooring or non slip vinyl screwed on to the wood using battens too to give them grip.

Thank you for the reply. I bought some natural twine after you replied and have tied it up to the mesh.

Fingers crossed.

Now to sort the floor and make the whole thing more interesting for them!
kd4rj5.jpg

I love your set-up. What about a car ramp for dogs? Is that tunnel big enough? It looks quite small on the photo.

That looks amazing:love: I love their accommodation:love: you can buy extra long, extra thick cable tie wraps, if the bunnies chew through the twine.
2 of my bridge bunnies used to run up the outside of their runaround tunnel to get on top of the hutch :lol:

Thanks guys.
Still a fair bit to do. Debating what to do the flooring with.

Got sun shades on order and a few other bits.

The ramp is all fixed in place- the builder had already completed it when I got home.
The tunnel is a standard Runaround from my old setup before I moved house.

I should add; the sole reason I moved was so the animals had more space. One of the musts for the new house was that I had space to build a walk-in run for the buns. I think people think I'm mad. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

The ramp is all fixed in place- the builder had already completed it when I got home.

I should add; the sole reason I moved was so the animals had more space. One of the musts for the new house was that I had space to build a walk-in run for the buns. I think people think I'm mad. ;)

Makes perfect sense to me!

Thanks guys.

[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Dw mine are getting the master bedroom at my house, apparently I'm crazy too.. I just don't see it [emoji38]

Great set up btw :D

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Haha! One of the great things about moving in with Mum was having a dining room to convert to a pet room.

Superb set up. Love the tunnels and the upper level.

Back