• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

A slight positive for Teddy!

Orenoko

Mama Doe
Finally something good to say! He has gained 0.15kg since last week! He's still underweight but this is a good sign for him. I still have lots of concerns but I was really worried he would carry on losing weight so can breathe a small sigh of relief. Hopefully the anabolic steroid is helping him.

He also has a small eye ulcer which is clearing up despite him rubbing it and making it red and sore. The vet is confident it will clear up soon but we have more eye drops just to be on the safe side.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

This is good news, go Teddy :love: I hope his ulcer clears up soon :thumb:
Me too, he's only got sight in that eye so we need it to be fully functioning! I've read that ulcers/eye injuries can be common in tilty buns so he's done well not to have any problems until now.

He's also been chomping through some grass this evening which he hasn't done for months. Hoping that'll help with the weight and the teeth issues!

Thanks all, I don't want to get ahead of myself and think he's magically cured, he still gets tired quickly which makes sense considering his bloods, but to me it's a sign that he's a bit more comfortable in himself so I'll take the positives when I can get them.

Thanks all, I don't want to get ahead of myself and think he's magically cured, he still gets tired quickly which makes sense considering his bloods, but to me it's a sign that he's a bit more comfortable in himself so I'll take the positives when I can get them.

That's a great way to look at it xx

Back