• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Could Sophie have some RU Vibes Please. - Good News

She's hardly done any poohs overnight :cry: The Vet gave her a gut stimulant and she has eaten all the food I have given her.

Could you give the Vet a call for some additional advice. Sophie may need ongoing gut motility meds and some fluid therapy. Is she relatively active or is she just sitting still most of the time ? Does she have an increased respiratory rate/effort ?

Lots more vibes being sent xx

Could you give the Vet a call for some additional advice. Sophie may need ongoing gut motility meds and some fluid therapy. Is she relatively active or is she just sitting still most of the time ? Does she have an increased respiratory rate/effort ?

Lots more vibes being sent xx

She's sitting still mostly and has an increased breathing rate, like yesterday when we went to the Vets. Is there anything they could do if she was hospitalised?

She's sitting still mostly and has an increased breathing rate, like yesterday when we went to the Vets. Is there anything they could do if she was hospitalised?

They may need to attempt a conscious Xray to see if she has a lot of fluid in her chest cavity and/or an enlarged heart. She may require a lot more medication than just oral abx. She could benefit from being on oxygen too. Personally I'd give the Vet a call now and see what he/she says. The symptoms you describe fit with either pneumonia and/or heart problems. But obviously that is just an 'unqualified' opinion.

They may need to attempt a conscious Xray to see if she has a lot of fluid in her chest cavity and/or an enlarged heart. She may require a lot more medication than just oral abx. She could benefit from being on oxygen too. Personally I'd give the Vet a call now and see what he/she says. The symptoms you describe fit with either pneumonia and/or heart problems. But obviously that is just an 'unqualified' opinion.

I am waiting now for the Vet to call me. I think she has deteriorated.

I’m sorry to hear this, you are doing the right thing for her. Sending lots more vibes xx

Sending lots of vibes for Sophie. My Cookie is a respiratory problem bunny and I find Sulfratrim has done quite well for her over the past couple of years xxx

I'm really sorry to read this update, tonibun :( Thinking of you and sending loads more vibes for Sophie. I hope you've heard from the vet.

Back