• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

My bun's diet not entirely 100% after Voltaren and Ocuflox eye drop

Happy Hopping

Wise Old Thumper
So my bun Minnie is 12.5 yr. old, and the vet discover her tear duct is blocked. So she's given Ocuflox and Boltaren Ophtha Diclofenac Sodium 0.1% for 14 days, (once every 12 hr.)

Since she comes back, she's no longer eating the Oxbow Joint Support tablets. And both buns are also not eating all the blackberry, pellet, etc. at the normal speed.

Now, normally when both buns are not eating, it's because they are shedding fur. So I did comb out 1.5 comb full of fur from Fudgie, that could explain the minor slow down in both of their diet. But it seems quite a coincidence that it happens on the same day my bun comes back from the vet w/ the eye drop

has anyone seen eye drop causing a minor diet slow down?

When did Minnie visit the vets? When Frosty goes to the vets, he doesn’t eat at all for an hour or so because he finds it stressful, and also goes in a sulk with me and it takes him a while for him to come round. He also sometimes has a bit of a slowdown at moult time too. I’ve not had a bunny that’s needed eye drops so I can’t advise on that specifically I’m afraid.

Last Fri. And the other strange thing is, her sticky poos come out in the afternoon. In the past, it's always in the morning

I’m bumping this up in case anyone has experience of this who can advise:thumb:

well, the 2 buns makes small improvement on their diet, so say they were at 85% of the diet, then today it's 90%.

But what I am more concern is why the sticky poo of Minnie suddenly come out in the afternoon. I don't recall that ever happens before

update: both buns' diet is back to 100% normal. Best guess is the mini fur shedding from my bun Fudgie, can't find another reason to their slight drop in diet

I’m glad that they are both back to normal :thumb: moulting often causes my bunny Frosty to have a bit of a slowdown, so perhaps it was that.

Glad to hear they are both eating ok now, sounds like it could just be the moult, hope they continue to keep well x

Back