• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My rabbit escaped

Rosie132

Young Bun
He jumped out of his pen and at 12:30 I was woken up to him sprinting around my room. He ran passed my head which is how he woke me and he had peed next to my head and pooped there as well. He had also pooped at the other end of my bed. Much to his dismay, I put him back and removed anything tall so he couldn’t do it again. I’m gonna get a cover for whilst I am at work and sleeping. Why did he pee on my bed? He’s litter trained. Maybe he couldn’t get back in but I’m just happy he didn’t destroy any of my clothes I had prepared for work. This ever happened to you?

Rabbits do this all the time if their enclosure is too low and it will be a good idea to get a cover so he can't do it again and hurt himself. Rabbits like wires to chew so be careful of that! They also like to wee on anything soft so your bed is not the first a rabbit has used as a toilet.

Rabbits do this all the time if their enclosure is too low and it will be a good idea to get a cover so he can't do it again and hurt himself. Rabbits like wires to chew so be careful of that! They also like to wee on anything soft so your bed is not the first a rabbit has used as a toilet.

This :thumb:

I got a taller pen for my girl after she escaped. I saw her right after she got out so her romp near electrical cords and other dangers was a short one. The new pen has a walk thru door so I no longer have to climb over to go inside.
My bed was used as a litter box by more than one bunny. I am not convinced it iis always an accident..
It is better than having chew holes put in the quilt it took me a year to make.

Last edited:
Back