Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tips for making a bun drink more?

Default Tips for making a bun drink more?

Anyone got any?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

I summon thee Jacks-Jane

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

"Dennis gonna make the volvic bottle pop, I`ma eat the carrot top, show em` how to make em hop baby" Words and lyrics by 50 cent - 2003

My lot have only ever drunk from bowls!
    Toulouse,Otto & Minnie cats <3

Quote Originally Posted by Amy & Amber View Post
    My lot have only ever drunk from bowls!
    Yea mine only have bowls

Bunnies can drink vastly different amounts of water and still be healthy. I would be more worried if a bunny drank a lot more than expected or they drank so little they were not sufficiently hydrated and had harder/smaller poos. I monitor if a bunny is drinking what is a normal amount for that particular bunny. If they suddenly drink more or less with no change in climate, activity level, moisture from greens, etc. it is more of a concern to me than if they never drink lots of water.
    That being said, I have seen bunnies refuse to drink tap water when our water authority adds more chemicals in the summer. Filtered water may help.
    You also may be able to infuse the water with the flavor of something they like.
    Also, some water bottles do not allow much water to come out with each lick.

Bumping

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Alfie always seemed to prefer his water warm, so I just added a splash of water from the kettle.

If you feed veggies, you can offer them a bit wet too.

Boo won't drink when she has dental issues - feel like I've tried everything. During these times she will eat lots of cucumber & lettuce though so I try & keep her hydrated that way. Its such a worry. I hope you find something that helps

Do you give Clementine bottled water ?

What may encourage one Bun to drink more water may make another Bun hop away pdq.

Certainly all of my Rabbits drink more from a bowl and I never use sipper bottles now

Most Rabbits like Pro-C Professional in water, but there will always be a few who dont

https://www.vetark.co.uk/pages/ProC-Professional2.aspx

Increasing water intake by feeding more fresh Veg/herbs is another possibility

Some folk add a splash of unsweetened fruit juice to water works (never has for me though !!)

Some Rabbits like warm water. Lord H is addicted to warm peppermint tea and Pro C. He has gotten Roisin hooked on it too now.

The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund (RWAF) ~ The UK's Biggest Organisation for Rabbit Lovers https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/

Edgar needs a Forever Home http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...nham-SW-London

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    Do you give Clementine bottled water ?

What may encourage one Bun to drink more water may make another Bun hop away pdq.

Certainly all of my Rabbits drink more from a bowl and I never use sipper bottles now

Most Rabbits like Pro-C Professional in water, but there will always be a few who dont

https://www.vetark.co.uk/pages/ProC-Professional2.aspx

Increasing water intake by feeding more fresh Veg/herbs is another possibility

Some folk add a splash of unsweetened fruit juice to water works (never has for me though !!)

Some Rabbits like warm water. Lord H is addicted to warm peppermint tea and Pro C. He has gotten Roisin hooked on it too now.
    Yep, she only has Tesco ashbeck in a big bowl.

Won't touch pro c

Not allowed to give her any veg

I tried apple juice last night, gunna try pineapple mixed in tonight (separate bowl to the side) apple juice Atticus liked Clementine wouldn't touch it..

The water is room temperature, I could heat it up I guess? See if she likes that more..?

Which peppermint tea do you use? I'll try that too

Feel like I'm asking the impossible tbh!

I will say this.. I don't think she doesn't drink enough.. I just think it might be her size.. But Idk how to fix that as she only has hay... It's so difficult!