• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bladder flushing..

No problem! I’ll keep an eye out for the questions!
You know I wrote something up and everything on my laptop then I never posted D: I'll do that later when I'm home as I do have questions, sorry about that x

So Clementine is staying overnight with Mark and having lots and lots of tests, more tests than ever before [emoji38] he said something which I found positive which was that she's a 2 year old rabbit, we need to get this sorted - so I hope we can :) he has all her history which he is going to read through etc - she seemed much calmer there was sniffing around and exploring - I'm going to Bluewater now to try take my mind off everything because honestly leaving her there was so so hard for me :( I think ima be a wreck all day :( actually wanna cry Idk why, Clementine is such a personality the house feels so empty without her there, it's like something massive is missing :( anyway Mark seems really great I hope he can figure out a way through this for her because I won't put her through a bladder flush every 3-4 weeks for the rest of her life :(

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

You know I wrote something up and everything on my laptop then I never posted D: I'll do that later when I'm home as I do have questions, sorry about that x

So Clementine is staying overnight with Mark and having lots and lots of tests, more tests than ever before [emoji38] he said something which I found positive which was that she's a 2 year old rabbit, we need to get this sorted - so I hope we can :) he has all her history which he is going to read through etc - she seemed much calmer there was sniffing around and exploring - I'm going to Bluewater now to try take my mind off everything because honestly leaving her there was so so hard for me :( I think ima be a wreck all day :( actually wanna cry Idk why, Clementine is such a personality the house feels so empty without her there, it's like something massive is missing :( anyway Mark seems really great I hope he can figure out a way through this for her because I won't put her through a bladder flush every 3-4 weeks for the rest of her life :(

Great that Mark is being so thorough. It is so difficult when they are away at hospital :( - keeping distracted is the best plan. Its nice Clementine seems so much relaxed there too

Sending lots of supportive hugs. It must have been so hard to leave her there. I'm really hoping that Mark can establish exactly what the problem is and that it's something which he can easily fix. Mark has a really good reputation and I know that my vet would certainly recommend him. I'm pleased that you are impressed so far. I will be eagerly awaiting an update.

Clementine is going to receive optimum Veterinary Care with Mark. Sending lots of vibes for her and I hope you will not have to wait too long for some updates xx

Sending lots of vibes and hugs, it must be so hard but you are doing the best you can for her xx

Thanks everyone, you're all so lovely :)

I'm a disaster but I'm glad Clementine will be getting everything looked at in full, I just really really hope we can fix this somehow because she really does deserve everything and more, just hope I'm doing everything humanly possible for her :( x

So I can collect her today now apparently :) have to wait a week for results though unfortunately for the test results :( but at least she can be home later where she's happiest :)

I’m so glad that she can come home later, I hope the test results reveal something easily treatable:thumb:

I’m so glad that she can come home later, I hope the test results reveal something easily treatable:thumb:
Yea I really hope so :(

It's a shame.. Because I literally just got home.. With far too many shopping bags... [emoji849][emoji38] It's fine though I have filled quite a few gaps in my wardrobe today that I've been meaning to.. I now own two cardigans [emoji38] but yea... Now ima have to go back over the bridge in rush hour, get her.. And then hope traffics not too bad at the tunnel... [emoji38] The hold ups at the Dartford crossing are epic to say the least.. [emoji38] I'm going in my mum's bus though so atleast it's comfy and I'm not so low down :)

Just want her home D:

That’s a shame you just got back! I’m glad you managed some retail therapy though :thumb: I hope the traffic isn’t too bad.

That’s a shame you just got back! I’m glad you managed some retail therapy though :thumb: I hope the traffic isn’t too bad.
I know! If I'd have known I'd have just gone and got her [emoji38] Mark's not there apparently though, Richard did the tests and said she can go home? Idk who Richard is honestly other than another vet.. But they've got everything they need apparently so should be okay :)

It’s typical isn’t it! Ah well, I think it’s good that you will have her back home at least.

It's good that she can come home, but not so good that you have to navigate the Dartford Crossing. At least it's not a Friday! It will be interesting to see what tests they've kicked off.

Drive carefully.

I know! If I'd have known I'd have just gone and got her [emoji38] Mark's not there apparently though, Richard did the tests and said she can go home? Idk who Richard is honestly other than another vet.. But they've got everything they need apparently so should be okay :)

http://trinityvetcentre.com/news/staff/richard-mccort

Hope Clem' wont be too upset from her stressful day and that the test results eventually shed some light on what is going on for her.

As for driving in London..............................*gulp*................ just the thought of it gives me heart palpitations !!

Got her, on way home now, tbh Idk if it was a waste of time, they did xrays and bloods.. £375 later.. [emoji38] The only thing these bloods are checking for (compared to last lot a few weeks back) is ec AFAIK - something about it effecting the bladder... From what I saw online (years ago) 80% of buns have it anyway so idek how useful finding that out is [emoji38] xray showed not a lot of sludge... Apparently.. And the receptionist didn't like me asking whether to carry on with the diuretic or not.. She checked and the vet said no, they never use diuretics for bladder sludge... She also said getting her to urinate isn't the problem... So I'm confused... Idk whether to stop them or not now honestly [emoji38] receptionist also said about her weight which is fine but considering we were trying to find out if she has arthritis.. I don't need the judgement [emoji38]

I am a major skeptic though so here's hoping Mark finds something :)

Clementine was sedated so on poop watch when we get in, apparently her teeth are fine :)

Oh I'm sorry. I think I'd be feeling much the same as you. Have you got to go back in a week or so to get the results?

Oh I'm sorry. I think I'd be feeling much the same as you. Have you got to go back in a week or so to get the results?

They're gunna call me apparently [emoji38] I often wonder if it's me or others, maybe I'm a huge pain in the backside.. [emoji38] I just asked about the diuretic and she was like why does she need to be on a diuretic? And I was like because she doesn't pee enough...? And to try keep everything moving through the bladder? Then she asked and a vet said they don't use them for bladder sludge issues... But it was like a problem I asked.. [emoji38] I mean they never said to carry on or not.. So I just asked [emoji38] I'm wondering if they're actually helping though considering she doesn't have much sludge in there (according to today's xray)... But she's dripping... Idek - wish I could get some proper answers, would've been nice to talk to a vet about this. Ah well aslong as she's okay we'll carry on with our exercise routine in a day or so and carry on with the wet food [emoji38]

Only just caught up on this. I’m pleased that she’s finally back home and hoping that yiu can get some proper answers soon. Sending lots of vibes x

It’s awkward if you feel unsure:cry: I hope they can come up with some answers to cure the problem.

Only just caught up on this. I’m pleased that she’s finally back home and hoping that yiu can get some proper answers soon. Sending lots of vibes x
Thank you :D
It’s awkward if you feel unsure:cry: I hope they can come up with some answers to cure the problem.
Yea same :)

She's eating kale from the garden atm and eaten lots of fresh ribwort, and basil so that's good :) seen her nibble some hay too

What's not helping is my dad yelling at the TV coz footballs on.. [emoji849] Out of nowhere the loudest yells ever [emoji849] so that's fun!

Back