Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bladder flushing..

Being honest if she’s not having pain relief, it might be why she’s not eating much. When bailey had his flush, he was in an awful amount of pain and was on buphamophine, tramadol and metacam. She sounds much better than bailey, and we think bailey’s was worse because he had stones in there. But similar to your bun, bailey was dribbling for a good 4/5 days afterwards and didn’t start eating properly until the 6th day. I’d try and get her some pain relief as it will defo help her out.

Topping up the vibes
    Rest in peace my beautiful fur babies - Tango, Whiskey, Harvey & Honey **Forever in my heart**

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthyjones89 View Post
    Being honest if sheís not having pain relief, it might be why sheís not eating much. When bailey had his flush, he was in an awful amount of pain and was on buphamophine, tramadol and metacam. She sounds much better than bailey, and we think baileyís was worse because he had stones in there. But similar to your bun, bailey was dribbling for a good 4/5 days afterwards and didnít start eating properly until the 6th day. Iíd try and get her some pain relief as it will defo help her out.

Topping up the vibes
    Oh no sorry if I wasn't clear! She's been on tramadol and metacam since the flush, and they gave her some painkillers when she was having it too.

I just need two more doses of the metacam til I see the vet, and I think we'll only get one more out the bottle. She's absolutely not going to not have pain relief.. Just hoping there's enough for tonights dose tbh!

Good to know about the dripping after the flush.. That's made me feel much better - so afterwards the stream returned to normal?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Oh I see, Sorry.. would be better if I actually read things properly!

Yeah we just covered the floor in puppy pads, but he gradually just stopped and started doing smaller patches of wees, although their was blood present for a little while too. His willy was bright red the poor little mite and it was so painful, we even had to go careful picking him up. But think after 4/5 days, the drugs had kicked in and helped. I did a thread on here about him so you can probably find it if your interested.

We never bothered with liquid magnesium as my vets hasnít heard much about it and was reluctant to use something they hadnít used before, so bailey has potassium citrate instead! So far itís working well, he still passes the odd bit of sludge every week but itís a small amount and heís still happy enough, not showing any signs of discomfort.

But Iím not sure why your vet has said to cut out all veg.. obviously itís best to stay away from those veggies higher in calcium to prevent build up of the sludge.

We give bailey mainly herbs, coriander and basil! With small amounts of broccoli. We also give him grass, but again not loads as it too has calcium in it. He has x5 Timothy based pellets and his usual ings and oat hay.

Weíve also started the pro-biotic which you kindly mentioned to me and thatís certainly encouraging him to drink more!

Good luck though and hope she continues to improve!
    Last edited by Ruthyjones89; 15-05-2019 at 01:59 PM.
    Rest in peace my beautiful fur babies - Tango, Whiskey, Harvey & Honey **Forever in my heart**

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthyjones89 View Post
    Oh I see, Sorry.. would be better if I actually read things properly!

Yeah we just covered the floor in puppy pads, but he gradually just stopped and started doing smaller patches of wees, although their was blood present for a little while too. His willy was bright red the poor little mite and it was so painful, we even had to go careful picking him up. But think after 4/5 days, the drugs had kicked in and helped. I did a thread on here about him so you can probably find it if your interested.

We never bothered with liquid magnesium as my vets hasnít heard much about it and was reluctant to use something they hadnít used before, so bailey has potassium citrate instead! So far itís working well, he still passes the odd bit of sludge every week but itís a small amount and heís still happy enough, not showing any signs of discomfort.

But Iím not sure why your vet has said to cut out all veg.. obviously itís best to stay away from those veggies higher in calcium to prevent build up of the sludge.

We give bailey mainly herbs, coriander and basil! With small amounts of broccoli. We also give him grass, but again not loads as it too has calcium in it. He has x5 Timothy based pellets and his usual ings and oat hay.

Weíve also started the pro-biotic which you kindly mentioned to me and thatís certainly encouraging him to drink more!

Good luck though and hope she continues to improve!
    This is all really helpful thank you

Glad the probiotic is working out for Bailey, sadly Clementine has decided it's terrible and won't touch it

Wise Old Thumper

How's Clementine been getting on?

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    How's Clementine been getting on?
    I was just wondering the same

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Sorry for the lack of response! I've had quite the day just on the train home finally

My poor grumpy baby is doing okay ish.. She has a catheter in her ear for iv fluids which I'm doing every 4 hours, gunna be a bit late with this evenings one though

She's nibbling more veggies and we have more loxicom and Emeprid.

Spoke to the vet about veggies I took that diet sheet with me, she said her books says differently but she won't argue with it so we are just avoiding really high calcium ones.

She took bloods today too to check kidney function, gunna call me with the results.

She's looking into a diuretic, liquid magnesium and potassium... Citrate..? I think?

So just kinda seeing how things go, getting her eating again is obviously key.. But looking into ways we can prevent her having to have the bladder flushed again basically!

Aww poor brave girl I hope she is feeling better soon. Sorry today has been so hard sending lots more vibes and hugs xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Wise Old Thumper

I think her expression tells you just what she thinks of her ear bandage Poor girlie, I hope she soon starts to feel lots better. Sounds like a good compromise with the veggie feeding

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    Aww poor brave girl I hope she is feeling better soon. Sorry today has been so hard sending lots more vibes and hugs xx
    Thanks Zoobec xx