Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Grape Stems safe?

  1. #1
    Young Bun scottishbluebird's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Angus, Scotland
    Posts
    38

    Default Grape Stems safe?

    I read somewhere that grape stems are a treat.
    Now, even IF it is, Misha is just 3 months, so again, would it be ok?
    I know she is too young for fruit/veg just yet.

  2. #2
    Mama Doe
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bradford
    Posts
    3,457

    Default

    Grapevine leaves are OK for rabbits, and the vine stems. I feed any prunings from my vines to the rabbits. If you mean just the bits left when you have eaten the grapes off a bunch, I don't see why not - but have yet to find anything that enjoys eating them.

    If she is not used to any fresh greens, start with small amounts and slowly build up with the amount and variety on offer.

  3. #3
    Young Bun scottishbluebird's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Angus, Scotland
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shimmer View Post
    Grapevine leaves are OK for rabbits, and the vine stems. I feed any prunings from my vines to the rabbits. If you mean just the bits left when you have eaten the grapes off a bunch, I don't see why not - but have yet to find anything that enjoys eating them.

    If she is not used to any fresh greens, start with small amounts and slowly build up with the amount and variety on offer.
    Yes, just from the bunch of grapes, the breeder said even at 3 months she is too young for veg/fruit, and i have read the same, but others say it's ok in tiny amounts, not really sure what to think!

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •