• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grape Stems safe?

I read somewhere that grape stems are a treat.
Now, even IF it is, Misha is just 3 months, so again, would it be ok?
I know she is too young for fruit/veg just yet.

Grapevine leaves are OK for rabbits, and the vine stems. I feed any prunings from my vines to the rabbits. If you mean just the bits left when you have eaten the grapes off a bunch, I don't see why not - but have yet to find anything that enjoys eating them.

If she is not used to any fresh greens, start with small amounts and slowly build up with the amount and variety on offer.

Grapevine leaves are OK for rabbits, and the vine stems. I feed any prunings from my vines to the rabbits. If you mean just the bits left when you have eaten the grapes off a bunch, I don't see why not - but have yet to find anything that enjoys eating them.

If she is not used to any fresh greens, start with small amounts and slowly build up with the amount and variety on offer.

Yes, just from the bunch of grapes, the breeder said even at 3 months she is too young for veg/fruit, and i have read the same, but others say it's ok in tiny amounts, not really sure what to think!

Back