• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Hope has an eye infection and I may not get to take here home

Hopesmum

New Kit
Hi everyone
I'm pretty upset as I set my heart on Hope a black mini lop through a lovely reputable breeder. The breeder contacted me yesterday to say Hope has an eye infection and that I may not be able to have her after all. She has offered me the choice of two other babies. I am going to see the breeder tommorow either to take Hope home or to choose from one of the other babies. I didn't see this coming at al. I'm still grieving for my wee dog Elmo and this news has really upset me. The breeder has said she will update me tonite, but it doesn't sound good.
Support, experiences very welcome.

Hi everyone
I'm pretty upset as I set my heart on Hope a black mini lop through a lovely reputable breeder. The breeder contacted me yesterday to say Hope has an eye infection and that I may not be able to have her after all. She has offered me the choice of two other babies. I am going to see the breeder tommorow either to take Hope home or to choose from one of the other babies. I didn't see this coming at al. I'm still grieving for my wee dog Elmo and this news has really upset me. The breeder has said she will update me tonite, but it doesn't sound good.
Support, experiences very welcome.

I am sorry to hear of your loss of Elmo and that the Baby Rabbit you hoped to buy may now not be available. At least the Breeder is being responsible enough not to sell a sick Rabbit, sadly this is not always the case. That said, it may be that the other Kits from the litter will be similarly affected, unless the eye infection 'Hope' has is the result of an injury.

I know that it is extremely hard to not be able to obtain the specific Rabbit we had set our heart on, but personally I would consider looking elsewhere for a Baby Mini Lop. I would be a hypocrite to state that you 'should' look for a 'Rescue Rabbit' rather than buying from a Breeder as I have bought from Breeders myself. But perhaps this set back gives you the chance to consider other options of obtaining a Mini Lop.

Best wishes and I am sorry that you are feeling upset x

So sorry to hear that you lost your little dog, Elmo. Sorry also that Hope has a poorly eye, and really hope that this can be treated. It must be very dissapointing when you'd so set your heart on her, but as Jane said the breeder is acting responsibly by letting you know the situation. Good luck xx

Hi everyone
Just wanted to say I'm now a rabbit mum to Hope Daisy�� The breeder offered me a girl or a boy rabbit as a replacement for the rabbit I couldn't get, she is a gorgeous healthy, happy chocolate otter mini Lop. Very happy with my decision.������

Hi everyone
Just wanted to say I'm now a rabbit mum to Hope Daisy�� The breeder offered me a girl or a boy rabbit as a replacement for the rabbit I couldn't get, she is a gorgeous healthy, happy chocolate otter mini Lop. Very happy with my decision.������

Welcome 'Hope Daisy' :love: Are you getting her Vet checked soon. She can have her vaccinations arranged and a general 'MOT'

The Vaccinations she needs are the Nobivac Myxo RHD and the Fliavac or Eravac. Further information here :

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?472636-Vaccinations-2019&p=7041560#post7041560

Back