Thread: Lining rabbit house

Default Lining rabbit house

So i brought one of these, although i think mine is abit longer http://www.rabbithutch.org.uk/bunny-...h-60-40-40-cm/ , because after less than 24 hours I concluded the only purpose having a cage as a base served was to make him go through the hassle of jumping in and out of it just to get to his litter tray. So the litter tray is now on the floor with a hay-rack attached to the wall next to it.

Currently im lining the base with newspaper and a vetbed so its nice and soft, is this ok or would be prefer it to be lined with straw?
    Should i provide a little hay rack in his little hidey house?

Thanks Amy

Most of my rabbits have used anything soft as a toilet, including vetbed! So I’ve ended up using soft areas as litter tray areas or lining with non slip vynil instead! You could go either route with it

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

My outdoor rabbits have always wee'd on any soft fabrics. The indoor pair have not wee'd on their carpet. All of them have 32 litre underbed storage boxes lined with newspaper and hay.

My rabbits always seem happy enough with newspaper.

I just use newspaper with hay on top, so she can chew and poo, as rabbits love to do
    [IMG][/IMG

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

He's decided to never use the house...ever �� he prefers to just sit out in the open ... That was ú31 well spent lol

Mama Doe

My guinea pigs like little shelters like this, but I've never seen a rabbit in one.
    I put a litter tray inside (especially if the floor is slatted rather than solid), line with newspaper and fill with hay.

If the weather is really bad, the rabbits have been known to use one of these in the run:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mr-Snugs-ca...CE9BHT7N4DX560
    Again, it is lined with newspaper and filled with hay. Generally they prefer a tunnel, though, or just sitting out in the open.