• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Officially a Rabbit mummy :D

Buzzwizz619

Warren Scout
I originally joined this forum a good few years ago researching Bunnys but decided it wasnt the right time, I made a brief re-appearance last year when I got a little rescue bunny from work who sadly had to be PTS after just 10 days. But as of yesterday im offically a rabbit mummy, and i couldnt be more proud of my handsome little old man :D

Charlie (i think thats the name im going for) is a 6 year old castrated male, living as a house bunny. I adopted him from the RSPCA yesterday :), hes microchipped but not yet vaccinated. Hes having his first set Friday and a full health check (History of pasturella and he came with some rather questionable medical history, particularly questionable was "Vet: Mites - Treat with Baytril"), then 2 weeks later he will have VHD2 :)

Apparently the RSPCA tried him with other rabbits but he was too dominant, but he was only castrated 4 weeks ago.... so im rather confused as to who they tried him with and when. So for now hes a lone bun, but im going to look into getting him a friend in a few months if i can fin d a rescue with a bun of a similar age who will try and do the bonding for me.

I apologise in advance for the 101 questions im going to be asking, loosing my little bunny last year when she did so well for the first 7 days (severely emaciated, sever hairloss and malocclusion) really knocked me so im a complete neverous wreck that hes going to stop eating and die!

Hopefully in a few weeks when hes settled I will also be more settled!

Thanks in advance for your help and patience.

Amy and Charlie

I’m so glad you were able to give Charlie a lovely new home:love: I look forward to hearing lots more about him :love:

Welcome back to the forum! I’m so sorry that you lost your little bunny, it sounds as though you gave her as much love and care as humanly possible. Congratulations on adopting Charlie. I can’t wait to see photos and hear about his exploits!

So pleased you have now felt able to have another rabbit. I hope you post lots of information about how you are getting on with Charlie.

Charlie did his first Binkys last night, It was so cute! hes really starting to settle in now. Hes much happier for me to stroke him and he seems to rather enjoy having the top of his head brushed!

Hes also decided that the lovely green, fresh smelling timothy hay with dandilion is yucky, but some cheap brown, rather depressing hat from pets at home in the yummies hay ever :lol:

Charlie did his first Binkys last night, It was so cute! hes really starting to settle in now. Hes much happier for me to stroke him and he seems to rather enjoy having the top of his head brushed!

Hes also decided that the lovely green, fresh smelling timothy hay with dandilion is yucky, but some cheap brown, rather depressing hat from pets at home in the yummies hay ever :lol:

sounds wonderful. welcome to the forum :wave:

Lovely to hear that he’s settling in well. Typical naughty rabbit turning up his nose at the yummy hay!

Aww how lovely. I hope he continues to settle in well with you :)

Welcome (back) to the forum :)

Back