• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dara -Updated 12th May

Jane,

I do not think there is anything wrong in getting a bunny from a pet shop. Some bunnies are in pet shops because they are culls from people who breed bunnies for show . These are bunnies who are born and did not inherit the qualities they were trying to promote, or the males which are not selected to sire future generations of their show lines. The pet shops also may have accidental litters. Being dropped off at a pet shop may not be an ideal fate, depending on the pet shop, yet some of them are purchased by responsible people such as yourself and given a good life.

Jane, you are amazing and Dara has the best chance at a good quality of life with you. Dara gets awesome care with you and she has a better life because of you.
While I do not know if she will have a long life or a short one like my late Evan; I know she will have a good life.

Me and all my bunnies are sending you, Dara and all your bunnies many positive vibes. These little ND bunnies are very tough and have a strong will to live even when they seem frail on the outside.

Jane,

I do not think there is anything wrong in getting a bunny from a pet shop. Some bunnies are in pet shops because they are culls from people who breed bunnies for show . These are bunnies who are born and did not inherit the qualities they were trying to promote, or the males which are not selected to sire future generations of their show lines. The pet shops also may have accidental litters. Being dropped off at a pet shop may not be an ideal fate, depending on the pet shop, yet some of them are purchased by responsible people such as yourself and given a good life.

Jane, you are amazing and Dara has the best chance at a good quality of life with you. Dara gets awesome care with you and she has a better life because of you.
While I do not know if she will have a long life or a short one like my late Evan; I know she will have a good life.

Me and all my bunnies are sending you, Dara and all your bunnies many positive vibes. These little ND bunnies are very tough and have a strong will to live even when they seem frail on the outside.

Thank you T, your post bought a tear to my eye. Dara has certainly become an exceptionally special Bunny. She seems to crave my attention and begs for cuddles. She actually 'asks' to be picked up :love:

Thank you T, your post bought a tear to my eye. Dara has certainly become an exceptionally special Bunny. She seems to crave my attention and begs for cuddles. She actually 'asks' to be picked up :love:

What a special bunny for a special lady.
Sending you some hugs and love (although it sounds like you get plenty of both from your special girl.

Sending love and hugs to your special girly. She is in the best hands possible. All the best for her vet visit tomorrow.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Dara is being treated for a Respiratory Tract infection, C does not think that her heart is a problem, but agrees she is 'neurologically compromised'.

C has advised that I do NOT have Dara spayed. I am in full agreement with this.

Today Dara is very bright and as affectionate as ever :love: She really is such a lovely little Bunny :love:

nqyHb1B.jpg

I am glad she doesn’t have a heart problem, and that she is so well in herself :love: I would agree with following C’s advice, she is a great vet to have :love:

Very good news that C thinks her heart is OK :D I hope she responds well to the treatment for her Respiratory Tract Infection.

She's such a little cutie, so alert :) pleased to hear her heart isn't an issue, hope the infection soon clears up xx

Dara is being treated for a Respiratory Tract infection, C does not think that her heart is a problem, but agrees she is 'neurologically compromised'.

C has advised that I do NOT have Dara spayed. I am in full agreement with this.

Today Dara is very bright and as affectionate as ever :love: She really is such a lovely little Bunny :love:

nqyHb1B.jpg

That, is such a beautiful photo of a gorgeous rabbit who is definately a heart melter and she is definately better off in your care Jane. x

Dara is being so good about taking her medication and at the moment she remains happy within herself. She is so gentle and loving, a very, very special Bunny :love:

jZY7cCp.jpg

Oh my goodness...she certainly is a wee one isn't she? :love: One can't really tell in the other pictures, but in your arms she's positively teensy! :love:

What a precious bub she is. :) I currently have Jenna on a pharmacy full of meds and the only one she squirms over is her liquid omeprazole. It was specially compounded with chicken flavour...I think she'd have preferred tutti-frutti. :? :lol:

Back